House Price Crash Forum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30707644

Deflation hits eurozone as prices fall 0.2% in December

People 0.2% better off.

Happy days...unless you are a banker.

What will the European bankers force on the european people...

With the price of oiul dropping I think we'll see cheaper prices too ( be frightened :lol: ).

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Oh well, I am a saver. :lol:

Two letters...Q ETwo weeks to go until the ECB announcement that they've decided to print money.

So if they tell us it has fallen 0.4 can they print double the amount?

Two letters...

Q E

Two weeks to go until the ECB announcement that they've decided to print money.

I am sure they will do something, but have to hope it's like last time, where it's full of conditions and expects private sector to stump up money into loss making schemes which they wouldn't go a million klicks near.

Lead the debtors along, stretch it out a bit more, 'maintain the morale' of the debtors/HPIers, before allowing deep correction.. and breakup VI so younger buyers can borrow loads against crashed asset values, to vastly improve velocity of lending for the banks. Crash low-mid-high prime housing markets.

Deputy BoE Governor, Broadbent.

June 11, 2014

"Andy [Haldane] is the master of the colourful phrase but on this I disagree with him," said Broadbent, who instead identified risks in the UK's housing market as the greatest threat to the country's economic outlook. He went on to say that the Bank will not directly intervene on house prices, but is instead only interested in "the rate of growth of mortgages, which is today very low".

http://www.cityam.com/blog/1402493641/meet-ben-broadbent-latest-bank-england-staffer-face-mp-grilling

Monday 13 May 2013

Fewer than two in five UK households have property debt

I thought I read somewhere that the German constitution specifically does not allow money printing ( for they know where it leads more than anyone ), is that true ?

A reminder of the results of money printing and unreglated financiers:

250px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-Z0309-310%2C

QE is ultimately disinflationary. The banking filth and their hedgetarian clients spunk the cash on houses and commodities, the rest of society gets higher bills and rents as a consequence.

QE is ultimately disinflationary. The banking filth and their hedgetarian clients spunk the cash on houses and commodities, the rest of society gets higher bills and rents as a consequence.

It would certainly seem to be what has happened here in the UK.

We now have people who are cutting back because they a) have no pay rises B) can't afford their housing costs c) Get no interest on their savings d) can't afford their living costs. All made worst by Q.E.

Q.E. merely saved the people who caused the problems, now they have got out the idiots that bought into the recovery are about to loose their 30-50% deposits but, hey ho, their mortgage repayments are affordable at that bargain 2% mortgage they got.

It would certainly seem to be what has happened here in the UK.

We now have people who are cutting back because they a) have no pay rises B) can't afford their housing costs c) Get no interest on their savings d) can't afford their living costs. All made worst by Q.E.

Q.E. merely saved the people who caused the problems, now they have got out the idiots that bought into the recovery are about to loose their 30-50% deposits but, hey ho, their mortgage repayments are affordable at that bargain 2% mortgage they got.

Getting no interest on savings is the key for me, it holds the purchasing power of money at zero. Anybody that thinks low interest rates cause inflation are wrong. On the contrary 0% risks deflation.

Meanwhile QE is just in the hands of the elite...private balance sheets have not expanded (and thank God for that). UK private debt was 1.4 trillion in 2007 and it still is eight years later.

Edited by crashmonitor

Getting no interest on savings is the key for me, it holds the purchasing power of money at zero. Anybody that thinks low interest rates cause inflation are wrong. On the contrary 0% risks deflation.

Meanwhile QE is just in the hands of the elite...private balance sheets have not expanded (and thank God for that). UK private debt was 1.4 trillion in 2007 and it still is eight years later.

In summary....them mortgage holders that handed over their 50% deposits for a great teaser rate....are fooked.

0% interest rates cause inflation in rent seeking assets. I just wonder though if it cost £200, 000 in investment to replace a worker with a machine. Under high interest rates this wouldn't be worth while.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30707644

Deflation hits eurozone as prices fall 0.2% in December

People 0.2% better off.

Happy days...unless you are a banker.

What will the European bankers force on the european people...

With the price of oiul dropping I think we'll see cheaper prices too ( be frightened :lol: ).

or are young and can't get a job in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece etc

France's economy minister says Europeans should work together to pressure Russia for a solution over Ukraine so that all sides can ease sanctions that are hurting European economies. But he also expressed "concern" about the "economic side effects" of the sanctions on European businesses.

http://www.stripes.com/news/europe/europe-hurting-from-russia-sanctions-france-says-1.322676

EU made the first step and now thinking how to get out of the hole. I think, more sanction may help.

Yeah., higher prices would definitely help them.

Yes, of course!

Why do you think unemployment is so high in the countries forced into deflation by Germany/ECB?

It's interesting to see how QE caused initially a surge in inflation (often showing up as shrinkflation) although this may be due to sterling falling in value during the crisis.

seems using QE has not worked, But how do you make people spend?

I fear trying to raise minimum wage will only squeeze the traditional middle class as they will loose even more purchasing power to the minimum wage earners.

QE is only helping the rich asset holders. the last boom was just debt, the average person seems to have to drive deep into debt for nice things, or live frugally and go without (as much do on here)

Basically the average person is only allowed things if they pay through the nose for it to the already rich.

we need the rich to loose their strong-hold, the banks to fail. Work needs to pay a reasonable return.

Yes forced, if you only have 1Euro, you buy spam not fillet steak like the bankers have.

This occurred to me as yet another unintended consequence of high house prices .

More people go to budget supermarkets so all supermarkets have to reduce prices. A race to the bottom , I wonder what happens when all but one goes bust.

This occurred to me as yet another unintended consequence of high house prices .

More people go to budget supermarkets so all supermarkets have to reduce prices. A race to the bottom , I wonder what happens when all but one goes bust.

The poor they will spoil it for the rich. ;)