House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crash co-ordinator

Lincoln Council Tax On The Way Up!

Lincolnshire in my views has always had one of the most greediest of councils in the UK. You just don't get value for money out here. Roads and Paths are a shambles, no coppers when ya want one, flooded with immigrants who drain the hospital resources, schools closing etc.etc.etc. I could go on and on and on. I spotted the following snippet tonight in the local paper, The Lincolnshire Echo. Thanks to the recent house price increases in the Lincs area (god knows why) the system has been updated to co-inside with the current value of your house. My Mother informed me that her home could jump 3 bands!!! :o

Council_Tax.jpg

post-3585-1133987490_thumb.jpg

Edited by crash co-ordinator

... Thanks to the recent house price increases in the Lincs area (god knows why) the system has been updated to co-inside with the current value of your house....

Council_Tax.jpg

Bet they won't be in such a hurry to reband after the HPC!

Exactly. There's more speed camera sites than building sites out here. Lincolnshire has always puzzled me. Ppl always said that the price increase was caused by all the "Southerners" selling their 1million pound flats and moving up here buying houses and retiring with their fat profits. It kinda makes sense but believe me we aint all talking Cockney out here now. With Lincolnshire being a very big Agricultural County the average wage has always been very low (I think it's about 12K) I read on one site not too long ago that the average house price around here is about 150K. Hows that for a killer ratio? Luckily I earn a bit more but if I really wanted to afford a property around Lincoln I would have to find a job in London just to be able to live comfortably. In fifteen years I have seen Lincoln turn from a heavy industrial city with plenty of job opportunities into a University City with too many students and "Fat Cat" BTLs. It's such a waste :angry: