House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Finally got out of my unintended role as a landlord in the UK however glad I sold now and not 4 years ago :-)

The following is my intended distribution of the proceeds. I certainly don't intent to take a dip into the Aussie market in 2015.

Here it is:

Shares (FTSE - inc some investment trusts to give some exposure to Asia, Latin America and Europe) 22%

Premium Bonds - 20%

Increase Peer to Peer Lending holdings (Funding Circle, Zopa, and Ratesetter) 30%

Bank 1 year income bond 20%

Cash (deposit accounts - mainly for opportune share buying) 12%

Any views welcome including those from the beans and shotguns / hookers and blow contingent!

Particularly interested in sentiments towards the share markets in the next 1-2 years.

Well done Kurt.

I suppose if you live abroad, (Saudi or Australia, I seem to remember), then why not go for cash?

The only thing I would say about selling out now of the UK, (is if you are English), then it's nice to have a base to come back to if you work abroad in case we get more rampant House price inflation, (obviously that depends on where your property was etc etc) and your circumstances and where you might one day finally settle.

Regarding the share market, you look as though the allocation is good, from a historical pov this is one of the longest bull runs in history, but there again where else are there returns to be had? So this bull market could run for some time yet, although depending on your pov both bull and bear cases are quite strong, you pays yer money and takes your chances and the end of the day.

Here's one pov: