HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

WTF!

I thought yuppies and this kind of pretentious ******** died out in 1992. Only thing that is missing is his £90 filofax.

Well, this young master of the universe seems to be packing a 90s era mobile phone and given the non-appalling dress sense - I'm guessing he's not a hipster with a trust fund and an over developed sense of irony.

The scene in the night club evoked True Blood - so perhaps the upmarket vampire about town is their target audience.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
The need to be different. To stay true to what you believe. Make the impossible, possible. To rise and rise. If it was easy, it wouldn't feel as good. I did this.

I am a bit confused because I've known plenty of people who buy at ever high crazy prices, with massive egos, and hoping for more hpi. They lap adverts like this up.

Yet when prices soften (eg 2007-early 2009), too many hpcers join the property are all, "They were sold into it by media, they didn't know what they were doing, they just wanted a home at twice or ten times what you would pay, they couldn't have expected a crash, they are victims. (Lobby for bail-outs)." It turns from 'I did this' to they were missold into it.

10/11/2014

The future of London emerges from Redrow's choice of images: dead-pan faces of the global ultra-rich gaze down on the socially cleansed environment, as glassy as their eyes.

2014-11-08-onecs-thumb.jpg

Property buyers are promised a "32% increase in property values" as if this were a good thing at a time of housing scarcity. It's as if the 2008 Crash never happened.

ONE Commercial Street also pledges "regeneration and social inclusion".

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/daniel-brett/london-housing_b_6124744.html

HOLA4413

Well, this young master of the universe seems to be packing a 90s era mobile phone and given the non-appalling dress sense - I'm guessing he's not a hipster with a trust fund and an over developed sense of irony.

I think that that is meant to be a flash back to his early career. Today he would have an iPhone 6.

HOLA4414

And how did this man make it all happen?...there is no paper in his office, none in the flat, he has sex in the lift and his burd is passed out in the bed when he gets home...and you wonder why he stares out the window??

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The 2nd video opening line: "I really think the time to invest in London is now."

Was that filmed in 2007? :lol:

Get to 0.46 and you get the feeling that Guy Billinge doesn't even believe what he is saying. Whoever thought it would be good to put his blase attitude before a camera ?

Edited by LiveinHope

HOLA4417

I've lived some of the "life" he seems to refer to (working in an investment bank for 14 hours a day for 6 days a week with enormous stress), albeit without the high rise bed sit and designer stubble.

It was quite frankly the worst time of my life - shallow work colleagues, always tired, no time for anything but work, losing genuine friends as I never had time to see them. I bailed out when I got home after a straight 36 hours at work to find out that my girlfriend had moved out.

If this is the "dream" they are trying to sell they can keep it.

HOLA4418

I've accomplished a lot in my life since the 5110 was the phone of choice - I was at school then.

Buying an over-priced flat is not one of them.

I think that's what got me about that ad - the thought of working 15 years solely (As the ad suggests, it makes no note of anything else) to do that.

Edited by chronyx

HOLA4419

Oh... my... god... I love it.

This is the best thing I've seen in ages. Apocalyptic dystopian films are totally my thing. I love them. I love them even more when they are done without irony. He's totally going to murder his girlfriend at the end of that sequence.

The perfect allegory of our time. Glass, stainless steel and concrete - A cold, grey meaningless existence perpetuated only by the vain delusion that pursuit of an unobtainable lifestyle might one day lead to contentment and happiness.

I really hope this will go down in history as a defining image of London in 2015. Like those 60s films of groovy people walking down Carnaby Street, or dancing in the UFO club. Someone should cut them together - from psychedelic to psychopathic in 50 years.

"I did this!"... Just brilliant.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

At 1:17 there is a book on "New Graphic Design" ... now we know his secret.. he's in media!

Graphic designers are generally much less stressed at work and do not grow a mustache with no beard to go with it.

The book is good though. The fact that this was the only book in his living room is a sign of a really troubled mind.

HOLA4422

Sadly now pulled from its original location - it can still be found if you search for it, though.

Oh... my... god... I love it.

This is the best thing I've seen in ages. Apocalyptic dystopian films are totally my thing. I love them. I love them even more when they are done without irony. He's totally going to murder his girlfriend at the end of that sequence.

The perfect allegory of our time. Glass, stainless steel and concrete - A cold, grey meaningless existence perpetuated only by the vain delusion that pursuit of an unobtainable lifestyle might one day lead to contentment and happiness.

I really hope this will go down in history as a defining image of London in 2015. Like those 60s films of groovy people walking down Carnaby Street, or dancing in the UFO club. Someone should cut them together - from psychedelic to psychopathic in 50 years.

"I did this!"... Just brilliant.

I'm with you - it's a great piece of film, I really liked it.

It's a crap advert for flats though!

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Great comment below:

I saw this advert, and found it really depressing, but not for exactly this reason. I actually thought at first it might be some sort of parody, so depressing was the vision being 'sold'. It was made clear that the man in question had worked a soul-destroying job for ludicrous hours for years - the voiceover said something about working so hard that 'days merge into weeks merge into years'. I don't think the thing in the lift was supposed to have happened - I think it was supposed to show him thinking about kissing her but not doing it because it would be unseemly or unprofessional. The bit with the legs was badly shot, but I don't think he was leering at the legs - he was sat in a chair while everyone else was dancing, presumably at a party, because he was tired from work.

Basically, it was one long story of sacrifice in pursuit of a higher goal. I mean, it was deeply self-aggrandivizing, of course - it was basically encouraging the city workers they're aiming at to think of their jobs as some sort of superhuman endeavour. Working at a bank is pretty miserable by all accounts (lots of my friends do it), but it's hardly working down a mine.

But what really struck me is how shit the reward he got at the end was. A flat a long way up, with a big window. That was it. It appeared to be a very posh bedsit, in fact.

As a representation of modern society and particularly the modern economic situation it was thus profoundly dispiriting. 'Sell your soul to a massive corporation and you might just get to dream of buying a small property somewhere within reasonable distance of your work. It'll have shiny things, maybe. That you won't see, because you're actually never there (note that his wife/girlfriend was already asleep when he came home to this 'dream pad').'. Is that really aspiration in 2015?

HOLA4425

Great comment below:

Excellent comment. And I quite like the advert. I imagine it was designed as a Cinema advert and the sound track blasted out and building to a climax would work quite well

Did kind of remind me of Daniel Craig Bond going off to kill a hitman in a Shanghia skyscraper though!