House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Voice Messages On Mobile Phones

If someone rings me on my mobile number and I do not answer it it automatically goes to voicemail. People then leave a voice mail and I get a notification that I have a voicemail.

But what happens when someone rings me, I do not answer, my phone goes to voice mail and they say nothing - i.e. do not leave a voicemail. Do I then get a notification of a voicemail? I presume not?

When I get those automated callers from private numbers - ambulance chasing solicitors - I do not answer and presumably my phone then goes to voicemail but I get never a notification that some cold caller automated message has left me a voicemail. So I assume that the way the system works is that if no one says anything to my voicemail the system can detect no voice and hence does not notify me of a voicemail even though the voicemail system was actually activated. If that makes any sense?

I only ask as I fear that a nutty ex is getting divorced after 8 years of marriage - I saw her place a profile up on a dating site prior to Christmas and, simply because I was online at the time, I saw her profile pics for a few minutes before they were hidden, when the profile was created.

Around the same time I began to receive silent calls on my mobile number. This stopped over the Christmas period - no surprise - and then began again this morning.

I am now not answering any calls whose number I do not know but I am just curious about how the above voicemail system works.

Any ideas?

Turn off voice mail......have done that, no messages can be left on any phone....they can leave a text or ring back later......anyway the phone cos love phones going into voice message they get paid for people hanging up not leaving a message. ;)

I don't like voicemails,. They usually say "I rang but you were out"!

Turn off voice mail......have done that, no messages can be left on any phone....they can leave a text or ring back later......anyway the phone cos love phones going into voice message they get paid for people hanging up not leaving a message. ;)

+1

Thanks - have switched off voicemail.

I have been unable to do that! I specifically asked for that, when I first got a cellphone. Orange told me this was not possible. Maybe I will be luckier now I have a new smartphone I cannot work.