House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
R K

Conservative/labour National Coalition Govt In May

As title. FT leader writer predicts niether Labour nor Tories will be able to form a workable Govt so will be forced into a national coalition to keep SNP and UKIP out

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/fb55f168-807f-11e4-872b-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3NOIuBjpy?segid=0100320

(Cant paste due to FT restrictions) but article title is "FT Predictions: The World in 2015"

They might as well exchange names ConLab or LabCon there's so little difference. They could easily squeeze what's left of the Libs in there as well and not notice.

It'll make little or no difference to the outcome of the political panto whatever they like to call themselves.

Well they have realised over the last few years that they can get away with pretty much whatever they like so why not. I have give up caring myself now as I can't see things changing in my lifetime. It is difficult to believe that such open corruption can be tolerated or just ignored by the people being affected.

They might as well exchange names ConLab or LabCon there's so little difference. They could easily squeeze what's left of the Libs in there as well and not notice.

It'll make little or no difference to the outcome of the political panto whatever they like to call themselves.

Whilst it's true that they generally sing from the same hymn sheet, they are quite different, at least in what they propose, their policies on housing being a case in point, especially the private rented sector. The Tories will always be totally in the pockets of landlords.

Best outcome IMO. Political stalemate. The less politicians do the better. Hopefully it'll mean 5 years of nothingness.

That said, both liebour and CONs seem to have a mutual hatred of basic freedoms, not invading foreign countries and maintaining the hegemony of the city of London. So perhaps I shouldnt care either way.

Labour /SNP Conservative/UKIP Just can see Labour doing a libdem, as that`s what would happen to their vote in the heartlands of the North and Wales if they joined force`s with the "ENEMY" which is the view of much of Labours support in those areas,it has nothing to do with policy it`s a tribal thing

Labour /SNP Conservative/UKIP Just can see Labour doing a libdem, as that`s what would happen to their vote in the heartlands of the North and Wales if they joined force`s with the "ENEMY" which is the view of much of Labours support in those areas,it has nothing to do with policy it`s a tribal thing

Not just SNP but Plaid and the Irish nationalists. I think the most likely outcome of the election is a Labour minority government with support from an alliance of SNP/Plaid/Irish nationalists, an alliance which together I think make up more seats than what the Lib Dems currently have.

No. A LAB colalition depending on either Plaid or SNP would cause an English revolution.

Don`t think Plaid can bring enough to the table plus there`s a gulf between them at the moment but who knows, SNP is a different matter though but like you say it will do Lab no favours it`s just a case of damage limitation IMO ,siding with the enemy would have a far worse effect when it comes to the core Labour voter regardless of whether they are English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish ,,whether Red Edd see`s it this way is a different matter

If it came to pass the jockeying for the key positions almost doesnt bear thinking about.

Miliband/Cameron/Balls/Osborne

Plus home sec, foreign sec et al

Sort that one out!

It will come down either to Labour/SNP or Tory/UKIP......

Never in a Month of Sundays can I see the Tories and Labour entering Coalition together. It is just simply unworkable. The Country needs strong leadership to sort out the deficit, difficult decisions will have to be made and the ruling party is going to be hated for it. Even though they have to forge on and do it.

Can you imagine the markets reaction the Lab/Con? Lame Duck Government wouldn't be the word.

The interesting scenario is of course Lab/SNP. The lovely Ms Sturgeon has already ruled out a SNP coalition with Con and it throws up all sorts of questions as to the West Lothian Issue.

ENG won't be happy if the SNP is lording it over ENG decisions at Westminster purely to keep LAB in power.

As title. FT leader writer predicts niether Labour nor Tories will be able to form a workable Govt so will be forced into a national coalition to keep SNP and UKIP out

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/fb55f168-807f-11e4-872b-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3NOIuBjpy?segid=0100320

(Cant paste due to FT restrictions) but article title is "FT Predictions: The World in 2015"

no chance.

Well they have realised over the last few years that they can get away with pretty much whatever they like so why not. I have give up caring myself now as I can't see things changing in my lifetime. It is difficult to believe that such open corruption can be tolerated or just ignored by the people being affected.

that,sir..is the problem.

they WANT you to give up.

you may be past caring, but I very much care about the sort of country our kids have to grow up in.

Don`t think Plaid can bring enough to the table plus there`s a gulf between them at the moment but who knows, SNP is a different matter though but like you say it will do Lab no favours it`s just a case of damage limitation IMO ,siding with the enemy would have a far worse effect when it comes to the core Labour voter regardless of whether they are English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish ,,whether Red Edd see`s it this way is a different matter

he doesn't.

he hasn't got a clue about celtic nationalism..which is very much his downfall.

the irish/scots/welsh might have thought they had a bum deal from the british..but I tell you what, none of them like being dictated to via mantra of enforced equality for all

the celts very much see themselves as opressed people..but being opressed in the name of equality by a bunch of marxist turks(not even indigenous to these lands which the brits did at least have some claim to)...it a total red rag to a bull.

once they have woken from their slumber and realised the brits were not actually that bad in comparison to what is coming, you will find the likes of the IRA rather more useful resistance factions in stopping these people.

while the propaganda machine is hard at work saying britain is the bogeyman we have a bit of a problem.

they will come to their senses once britain has been removed as the obstacle,and then everyone can have fairness and equality galore, whether they like it or not.

whether britain can be @rsed to get up and help after the shafting we've been given,frankly, is a different matter.

I would suggest that given present political shenanigins,that should not at all be taken for granted.

Edited by oracle

Greece already had its equivalent of a Con-Lab coalition after the newcomer Syriza party made it impossible for either to govern alone or in coalition with the minority parties from the same wing. Spain could well be next now that Podemos look like taking 30% of the vote.

I expect we will see a Con-Lab coalition eventually in the UK, it's a logical swansong for 2 party politics. I don't think it will be 2015 though, still too many voters stuck in the red-blue mindset so either Con or Lab will be able to stitch together a 2/3 party coalition with the LibDems and one of the larger nationalist parties (SNP/DUP).

2020 is a much more likely election to produce a Con-Lab coalition, it will be the final general election before the post-1975 babies make up a majority of the electorate so is the last chance for the cosseted older generations to put the boot in via the "mainstream parties" that do it so well.

Whilst it's true that they generally sing from the same hymn sheet, they are quite different, at least in what they propose, their policies on housing being a case in point, especially the private rented sector. The Tories will always be totally in the pockets of landlords.

For sure they might claim to have different policies in their election manifestos but these days when it comes to being in power the actual policies implemented end up being virtually indistinguishable.

Edited by billybong