House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steppenpig

Showering

As the off topic forum is testing new depths of random inconsequentialness, and there isn't much going on between xmas and new year.

Mornings and evenings are such different pleasures, that the obvious answer should be "both" except that seems a little indulgent and possibly time wasting.

Shower water can only be used once...... ;)

There types someone who's never put the plug in the bath whilst showering.

I think you actually mean 'Shower water should only be used once'.

All you showerers should put the plug in to see how much water you actually use.

Bath........ :)

We'll this of course although I'd take either at the moment.

We had our CO alarms going off again the other night. Our boiler is now condemned and we have no hot water or central heating until next Wednesday.

We had our CO alarms going off again the other night. Our boiler is now condemned and we have no hot water or central heating until next Wednesday.

See you on Thursday? My boiler is as wonky as a spaniel!

All you showerers should put the plug in to see how much water you actually use.

I did, nowhere near as much as a bath

You shower in the bath? How barbaric!

There's a trick to enjoying a cold shower in winter. The hardest bit is getting in in the first place, but then your circulation is up and it's easier to stay long enough to rinse down the whole body. Then turn it off, flannel yourself down quickly, and rinse down as quickly as possible. Dry quickly and put on something warm before the warmth of the circulation rush wears off, 'cos if you wait 'til you feel the need for warmth you're heading for hypothermia.

First time I learned that was an emergency: I felt the desperate need for a shower after sandstorms[1] all day had left me really grotty, so I braced myself to use a waterfall. Since then I've repeated it many times when a shower is a little less necessary.

[1] Actually Iceland's black volcanic ash in a strong wind.

Golden, whenever possible.

I wondered if I would see the word 'golden' in this thread. :lol:

Yes I'm one of those barbaric people that shower in the bath. No posh separate shower cubicles here, nosiree!

However if I have time to kill I'll run myself a bath instead of a shower.

Sharing the bath water....the cleanest that likes the hottest water first, in and out no long lazy soaks....have in the past done this, see I am always first, no complaints so far ....the thing with putting the plug in to reuse shower water in a bath is the temperature is lost as the water falls so has to be topped up with hot to make it bearable for another to bath in.....how many showers does it take to make a bath? ;)

When we had a condemned boiler for a couple of days, and the immersion heater packed up at the same time, I took the electric kettle upstairs. A few kettle-fuls did provide some sort of bath - certainly better than nothing.

Sharing the bath water....the cleanest that likes the hottest water first, in and out no long lazy soaks....have in the past done this, see I am always first, no complaints so far ....the thing with putting the plug in to reuse shower water in a bath is the temperature is lost as the water falls so has to be topped up with hot to make it bearable for another to bath in.....how many showers does it take to make a bath? ;)

You can have a bath in an inch or so of water.

In the olden days you'd have a rub round with a wet flannel.

Showering was heavily marketed by water companies in the US in the 1960s. In some US states people are urged to shower TWICE daily and many millions of Americans think there is something wrong if you do not shower daily.

You can have a bath in an inch or so of water.

In the olden days you'd have a rub round with a wet flannel.

Still do that when there's no water source adequate to immerse or shower. Which is not unusual when in the Great Outdoors.

When we had a condemned boiler for a couple of days, and the immersion heater packed up at the same time, I took the electric kettle upstairs. A few kettle-fuls did provide some sort of bath - certainly better than nothing.

Some here are braving full on cold showers which I can just about cope with on my bits but not on my head. I have an electric wall boiler in my warehouse so I washed my hair there today. It was bliss.

Nice timing.

Yep, nobody is shipping boilers this week and because we already had a plan in place to relocate a new boiler to the utility room it can't be done until next week. We knew it needed replacing soon but we hadn't finished getting our quotes together and hoped to squeeze a few more months out of it.

The CO alarm went off a few weeks back and when they tested the boiler all appeared fine. They suggested our CO alarm was faulty so we went out and bought 2 more. We kept the supposedly faulty one next to the brand new one and just as we were going to bed the other night they both started going off. Switched off the mains gas and got them out again the next day. The CO reading was very high and the flue wasn't working.

I can't complain because nobody died. It could have been very different.

I love showers.

And bath melts.

I'll turn the shower on, and leave it to heat up (on-demand boiler) until there's a few inches of water in the bath.

Then I open the window a bit.

I'll then get in, lie flat, and feel the water spraying down on me, pop the bath melt in, and position the shower curtain in such a way that while 90% of my body is warmed by the heat, I'm breathing in the cold fresh air from outside.

It's a sort of Center Parcs experience that you can reproduce at home.

Was this more information than you desired ;)