House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Yellow Snow Alert!

There is now a story on the DM site about 'online pranksters' talking about the BBC's yellow snow warning.

I am not an 'online prankster'! That is MrPin!

I award you extra brownie points for having the decency to not provide a link to the DM article.

Got caught out last night coming home from the Peak District at the worst time before the roads had been gritted...couldn't really have timed it worse 1:5 hills with effectively no brakes and the slightest deviation on steering causing a skid. Smashed up cars and abandoned cars on route too. Bloody nightmare, driving home in that 26 miles. Always conscious of the fact that I risk the no claims and possibly 000s pounds going forward, you just pray when you are going down hill...getting stuck climbing has nothing on a down hill skid.

Did you make the snow yellow?

That will be my dad. He likes ale and had a prostrate problem.

Chaos in the French Alps today. First bif snowfall of the season on the biggest xfer day.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11314946/Chaos-in-the-Alps-as-massive-snowfall-traps-15000-cars.html

Skiers trying to make their way to and from French Alps resorts were plunged into chaos on Saturday night as 15,000 cars were trapped on the roads and emergency overnight centres were set up to shelter trapped tourists.