House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

curious1

Panic Saturday, Who Came Up With This Cr@p?!

Ok, we copy the US with black Friday, but now we have the deeply insidious marketing meme "Panic Saturday". It made me wonder.... where did it come from? All the papers refer to it as "dubbed" or "becoming known as", but by whome?! It's an obvious marketing strategy to instill panic in the minds of the sheeple, so lets call it out, who started this BS? Is there anyone out there able to do the internet forensics to find it's first use in the media?

Haven't we had about 5 of these things in the last week? Black Friday, Cyber Monday and I'm sure there was something on the Tuesday too, maybe busiest day?

Let's face it it's all propaganda for the retailers.

Christmas is propaganda for retailers. I firmly believe Jesus worked for PC World.

They've got it wrong in my case.

It'll be Shit-faced Saturday here at chez XYY, following on from this weeks previous events of Minging Monday, Tanked-up Tuesday, Wänkered Wednesday, Tipsy Thursday and Fücked-up Friday...!

I love Christmas me...

XYY

It's one of the 'P's' of marketing (price, promotion blah blah). Not sure if it's promotion or packaging.

Haven't we had about 5 of these things in the last week? Black Friday, Cyber Monday and I'm sure there was something on the Tuesday too, maybe busiest day?

Let's face it it's all propaganda for the retailers.

Khyber Tuesday was earlier in the month.

Don't see anything really new here. The last Saturday before Christmas is always on the manic side and I expect the media, with their amazing insight denied to the rest of us, will go on as if it's something new.

I've noticed that what was always called Black Friday (the last Friday before Xmas, where it all kicks off in town centres in the UK) has been renamed 'Black Eye Friday' in some quarters, presumably to avoid confusion with the American import of Black Friday which is earlier in December.

I've never heard 'Panic Saturday' until this year.

They've got it wrong in my case.

It'll be Shit-faced Saturday here at chez XYY, following on from this weeks previous events of Minging Monday, Tanked-up Tuesday, Wänkered Wednesday, Tipsy Thursday and Fücked-up Friday...!

I love Christmas me...

XYY

Well, I've just driving back from my parents' house, and I noticed a distubing number of "young men" pulling over on the hard shoulder to have a pee, and a number of collisions. Are the two related? I can't imagine what the connection could be, but I think driving on the day after Boxing Day might have some inherant risks. Insurance companies are not gonna like these amusing chappies, whether they lose their licence or not!