House Price Crash Forum

Inconsequential Things That Annoy Me Intensely

Monomania upsets me! I am obsessed with it!. :(

Mrs Grasshopper will insist on putting the small vegetable knive's in the dishwasher when a simple run under the tap and wipe would suffice.

The consequence is that when I want a vegetable knive to slice up my apple I can never find one. Hence I have to resort to the traditional munching method.

Edited by grasshopper

Mrs Grasshopper will insist on putting the small vegetable knife's[sic] in the dishwasher when a simple run under the tap and wipe would surfice.[sic]

The consequence is that when I want a vegetable knife to slice up my apple I can never find one. Hence I have to resort to the traditional munching method.

Erm, you've just told the world where to look. Do you always forget that at the critical moment? The grasshopper mind!

Mrs Grasshopper will insist on putting the small vegetable knive's in the dishwasher when a simple run under the tap and wipe would suffice

Mr B does that, and the potato peeler, when I've told him a thousand times they just need a quick rinse.

If I posted that on Mumsnet they'd probably tell me to LTB.

Mr B does that, and the potato peeler, when I've told him a thousand times they just need a quick rinse.

YANBU.

Lower the bar?

That bastad "Netflix" button on all my remotes.

Cunningly positioned adjacent to another button you use a lot - so it regularly gets pressed by accident.

The twenty seconds or so before I can get to back to what I was actually watching sees the air turn a deep shade of blue at chez XYY..!

Especially if I was on the "vinegar-stroke"...

XYY

Cars with those silly rear indicators that scroll outwards instead of blinking. Make me feel an irrational rage on the motorway. I can only assume they like to think they're in Knight Rider. Tw@ts.

Cars that overshoot passing places on single carriageway country lanes even though they have the reaction time

So I point this out to female who has 5 yards to reverse. Nope she shakes her head...I reverse 100 yards.

2 hours ago, hotairmail said:

Women drivers who automatically think that the old rules of gentlemanly etiquette exist on the roads. If you ever see someone letting someone out of a turning onto a busy road, or letting someone turn right off it across a busy stretch, it is invariably a man. Women think it's their God given right to go first as the 'gentler sex'. Without these small kindnesses, the system would grind to a halt.

I don't even notice the gender of other drivers. I can hardly see into their cars.

Actually, my cataracts mean that I turn on my foglights at inappropriate times.

Sitting in a pub for quiet beer with book... End up next to 2 classic car enthusiasts hearing them discussing performance/component of various models of Leyland Daf Badger SRi sports saloon.

"The problem with the Mark v is the piston washers... They chose the 4.8mm size to save money. But that prevents you fitting the leatherette glovebox door from the 1974 "picnic" special edition. "

People that reply to an email by telephone.  I send a client a proof by email asking for approval. They open the email and think it is best to call me to say it is ok. Why?

Equally people that send an email and then ring 3 minutes later to check I have got it. If they all stopped bloody ringing me I could respond to them all much faster.

People that introduce their dog like it is a person ... then continue referring to it as if it warrants your full attention.... i.e. "oooh, he likes you. say hello franky ,,,, ahh .... stroke him ...go on .... give him a stroke. ".  Its. a. f*cking. dog.  I actually love dogs when they have a decent temprement/inteligence .... but I just dont want the owner to go all soppy and try and engineer the situation.

oh yeah, and dogs that bark or misbehave and the owner looks bemused ...... you. need. to. f*cking. train it. dogs work in packs. you need to be a strong pack leader. FFS.

Cushions!

Me and the Missus are buying a couple of sofa's they look very nice too.

The wife said she will have to get some new cushions for the new sofa's.

The thing is the sofa's are displayed in the shop without any cushions on them and they look very stylish.

In fact the cushions are the first thing I remove before I sit down as they are uncomfortable, is there any point in them and is it a woman thing.

Also don't get me started on those stupid cushions on beds in hotels that you have to take off before you can get into the bed.

Beds piled with cushions are annoying, not so much on the sofa though where I find they do help me get a bit more comfortable (and make handy pillows for a snooze).

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:12 AM, DTMark said:

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Shouldn't that be:

Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman

?

It doesn't keep me awake at night.

Giggling to myself earlier.

There was a trailer for this, and they've fixed it.

Maybe someone there reads this forum.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, CunningPlan said:

People that reply to an email by telephone.  I send a client a proof by email asking for approval. They open the email and think it is best to call me to say it is ok. Why?

Equally people that send an email and then ring 3 minutes later to check I have got it. If they all stopped bloody ringing me I could respond to them all much faster.

They're not ringing to see if you got the email. They know that you did. They're doing it because they want the answer now and they suspect that you will provide it immediately if they call. And if you do, they will do it again..