House Price Crash Forum

Inconsequential Things That Annoy Me Intensely

I thought of another thing that annoys me. People who's phones ring in public - on a train - loudly, but they don't want to take the call so they just let them ring out, playing a tinny shite r&b stylee for 60 seconds annoying everyone in earshot

People who have text conversations with people on trains without muting the alert sound. In particular when it's that bird sound that's standard on some Samsungs.

Being offer some kind of quasi-French / Dijon mustard from an unknown (aka cheap) manufacturer when I asked for English. It is Coleman's for crying out loud. Freshly made from powder if you are in Simpson's, otherwise from a jar will do. How hard can it be?

And whilst on this subject,when they serve your meal and ask if you want anything else (I.e ketchup or the aforementioned mustard), I want it now, not in 10 minutes time.

And yes, I did have a less unsatisfactory pub lunch.

Being offer some kind of quasi-French / Dijon mustard from an unknown (aka cheap) manufacturer when I asked for English. It is Coleman's for crying out loud. Freshly made from powder if you are in Simpson's, otherwise from a jar will do. How hard can it be?

And whilst on this subject,when they serve your meal and ask if you want anything else (I.e ketchup or the aforementioned mustard), I want it now, not in 10 minutes time.

Howbout, when you order coffee and dessert, and the coffee comes first. Now you sit there waiting for the dessert while the coffee gets cold. Aaargh!

I've taken to being very, very specific about that. Must be a total pain to competent bar staff to be told what should be bleedin' obvious, but it's too much of a risk to leave.

On the subject of eating out, when one or some are served their main meal at a different time or times, whilst the other or others still waiting to be served....ugh.

Edit to say: All these little inconsequential and consequential annoyances are

nothing when looking at the bigger picture.... Millions of people worldwide would only be too pleased to wait 20 mins for a meal or eat a cold meal.....or wait 12 hours for that matter......some do not know what time in the future the next meal will arrive, puts it into some perspective.

Edited by winkie

Howbout, when you order coffee and dessert, and the coffee comes first. Now you sit there waiting for the dessert while the coffee gets cold. Aaargh!

I've taken to being very, very specific about that. Must be a total pain to competent bar staff to be told what should be bleedin' obvious, but it's too much of a risk to leave.

Shoulda ordered dessert and coffee instead of coffee and dessert.

People who have text conversations with people on trains without muting the alert sound. In particular when it's that bird sound that's standard on some Samsungs.

People with phone keyboard set to beep! Admittedly normally someone a bit special so maybe only way they can use it.

Sachets of sauce... But never enough. Just bring me the frickin bottle!

Ads for that coo, 'It's all about you,' re whatever it is. There was one for instant coffee, FGS, and I've just seen one for new build houses.

Meaningless, supposedly cosy-sounding drivel.

Ads for that coo, 'It's all about you,' re whatever it is. There was one for instant coffee, FGS, and I've just seen one for new build houses.

Meaningless, supposedly cosy-sounding drivel.

Yep. The 'have it your way' pish as well. Some mega corp monopoly giving you the illusion of choice. Well I did have a small modicum of choice 20 years ago before you bought up all the small independants.

Vloggers/YouTubers who think they are producing 'art' or have something important to say. Bunch of c**ts the lot of them. Especially when they say 'people just don't understand the medium'.

Now to be fair I have got the odd laugh from some of them or some have interesting content (car stuff for me, video games) but a lot of it is crud or they read stuff from a press release we could have just read online.

I'm sure the successful ones won't lose any sleep over my bashing since YouTube/advertisers are dumb enough to give them lots of money.

I think it'll peak and/or go down the tubes soon.

Programme on BBC 3 about it at the moment.

EDIT - Realised during the show that most vloggers are either flogging something, go on to sell something or are using it as a form of psychotherapy. The BBC 3 show did actually mention these points surprisingly.

Edited by Ghostly

Separate, very juvenile, complaint. When your 'friends' don't tell you that someone is interested in you romantically. They've just failed in their role as a friend. I've had that happen several times over the years, often a long time later. "Oh yeah, she fancied you for ages." Well, why not say something about it! Jesus!

EDIT - I was reminded about this one as I had a dream last night about a girl I liked for ages throughout school and only found out years later that she had liked me too.

Edited by Ghostly

Separate, very juvenile, complaint. When your 'friends' don't tell you that someone is interested in you romantically. They've just failed in their role as a friend. I've had that happen several times over the years, often a long time later. "Oh yeah, she fancied you for ages." Well, why not say something about it! Jesus!

EDIT - I was reminded about this one as I had a dream last night about a girl I liked for ages throughout school and only found out years later that she had liked me too.

Yup. Just basic.

Why would you not want your friends to be happy?

My wife uses a tea bag dish/tidy/holder thingy after she has made a cup of tea, this infuriates me as it is easier just to put the tea bag in the bin.

You are left with a pile of damp tea bags in a dish which she then puts into the bin when she eventually can't pile anymore into the tiny dish.

Then you are left with a tea stained dish which you have to wash,it has got to be the most pointless invention on the planet.

Edited by MSE refugee

My wife uses a tea bag dish/tidy/holder thingy after she has made a cup of tea, this infuriates me as it is easier just to put the tea bag in the bin.

You are left with a pile of damp tea bags in a dish which she then puts into the bin when she eventually can't pile anymore into the tiny dish.

Then you are left with a tea stained dish which you have to wash,it has got to be the most pointless invention on the planet.

You don't re-use tea bags?

Get back to MSE where you belong, you flagrant spendthrift.