House Price Crash Forum

Inconsequential Things That Annoy Me Intensely

Hear hear.

I know most people would think it extreme, but I would like to see a system whereby 'inconsequential' antisocial misdemeanours such as littering and dog fouling carried significant penal deterrents. I would personally advocate a 'three-strikes-and-then-lose-a-finger-of-your-choice' system. Would quickly sort the casual from the committed litterers.

Force them to eat the dog crap.

Force them to eat the dog crap.

That would work just as well, I would have thought. We should put the final vote to a committee though.

Thankfully no costa lot or sub standard around here....people even pick up their dog poo...... well trained. ;)

You mean it's the equestrians who leave the steaming piles on your doorstep?

Get a bit of that near me, but it doesn't seem quite as unpleasant. Horse nappy anyone?

Horses would be exempt under the new regime: people can scoop it up and use it on their gardens and allotments, so it has a beneficial purpose!

....not quite as offensive, saw on freecycle giving it away, old well rotted poo good growing manure.....buyer collects and disposes of. ;)

....not quite as offensive, saw on freecycle giving it away, old well rotted poo good growing manure.....buyer collects and disposes of. ;)

Of course the equestrians depositing it don't care that while for you or me it's merely unpleasant to have to step over, for the old lady downstairs (where I used to live) who could only walk very slowly on two sticks it was a real problem. Horsecrap on the doorstep was second only to parked cars blocking the pavement.

Littering annoys me a great deal, particularly when it accumulates on bits of steep ground where it never gets removed (probably good old elfin safety). Not as bad as large-scale littering though (i.e. the usual list of things that I find grossly offensive)...

I often pick up litter at bus stops where there is a bin 2 or 3 steps away. People often look at me as if I'm mad.

Kingston council have a lot of new signs up in the centre - pictures of e.g. a load of rubbish on the floor by a sofa, with the caption, 'Would you do this at home?' Not sure how much difference it'll make to those who are never going to give a toss, though.

They have also painted footsteps leading to bins in the town centre. I hope it will make a difference, but I tend to agree that hefty fines, with someone there to enforce them - how often does anyone ever get fined? - is probably the only way.

Hear hear.

I know most people would think it extreme, but I would like to see a system whereby 'inconsequential' antisocial misdemeanours such as littering and dog fouling carried significant penal deterrents. I would personally advocate a 'three-strikes-and-then-lose-a-finger-of-your-choice' system. Would quickly sort the casual from the committed litterers.

I wouldn't give them a choice and I would insist that they should lose their middle fingers first.

Of course the equestrians depositing it don't care that while for you or me it's merely unpleasant to have to step over, for the old lady downstairs (where I used to live) who could only walk very slowly on two sticks it was a real problem. Horsecrap on the doorstep was second only to parked cars blocking the pavement.

I think the thing most annoying is not the poo as such....it is the attitude or selfishness of people who are too busy thinking about their own lives, their wants, their well-being, their rights and their entitlements.......to consider how their actions affect others and the consequences that it leads to......some people live in a different world, their own small bubble protected world, it is not always that they don't care, it is they are blind to others, how others live or are forced to live.......

I think about poo

a lot

Most of it is not mne!

I think about poo

a lot

Most of it is not mne!

Black poo bags filled with poo hanging on fences and branches.....really annoying, better left to rot on the grass, or better still take it home.

.....reasons given, not enough poo bins about.....people that are to blame, blaming others......really annoying. ;)

Black poo bags filled with poo hanging on fences and branches.....really annoying, better left to rot on the grass, or better still take it home.

.....reasons given, not enough poo bins about.....people that are to blame, blaming others......really annoying. ;)

Aargh, definitely. "Not enough bins" is never an excuse for litter of any sort and people who would leave little black bags dangling in the branches for whatever reason are definitely broken enough to be treated no differently from any other vermin (or perhaps worse since they're capable of knowing better). Still, people keep telling me that convenience is far more important than aesthetics.

Guest eight

"Tactical" fouls in football that kill the game stone dead just as an exciting attack is developing. I'd issue red cards for this. Michael Carrick, I'm looking at you....

Another option would be to establish new penal colonies on various islands around the British Isles: let the dog foulers and litterers wallow in their own filth to their hearts' content. A bit of rebranding of that island south of Hampshire would make the perfect candidate location: "Oy you, pick that up or it's off to the Isle of Shite with you."

Another option would be to establish new penal colonies on various islands around the British Isles: let the dog foulers and litterers wallow in their own filth to their hearts' content. A bit of rebranding of that island south of Hampshire would make the perfect candidate location: "Oy you, pick that up or it's off to the Isle of Shite with you."

I think that Brownsea Island would be more appropriate.

I used to use a sandwich bag as a glove, with a piece of kitchen roll, pick up, turn it inside out, bingo. And unless there was a bin very handy, would take it home and flush it down the loo. Though I did once forget, and found a nicely-maturing bag of poo in a coat pocket...

My mother, who was admittedly hyper-squeamish, was horrified when she found out that I was flushing dog poo down the loo.

I used to use a sandwich bag as a glove, with a piece of kitchen roll, pick up, turn it inside out, bingo. And unless there was a bin very handy, would take it home and flush it down the loo. Though I did once forget, and found a nicely-maturing bag of poo in a coat pocket...

My mother, who was admittedly hyper-squeamish, was horrified when she found out that I was flushing dog poo down the loo.

Funny that :P ..... not surprising.....how some people think, some poo is of higher quality to other types of poo. ;)

Funny that :P ..... not surprising.....how some people think, some poo is of higher quality to other types of poo. ;)

Yes, to her, human poo was somehow 'clean', whereas dog poo wasn't.

She was a funny old thing in many ways - not liking 'eggy' eggs was just one of them.

The Shitland Isles?

Ah you have been there? :huh:

Some of it is less unpleasant from others, carnivore crap being more obnoxious than the stuff from herbivores (although that varies too, stepping in horse poo being preferable to stepping in cow).

Some of it is less unpleasant from others, carnivore crap being more obnoxious than the stuff from herbivores (although that varies too, stepping in horse poo being preferable to stepping in cow).

.....all good poo gets flushed down the loo. :P

.....all good poo gets flushed down the loo. :P

What happens to "bad poo"?