House Price Crash Forum

Inconsequential Things That Annoy Me Intensely

brussel_sprouts_par_boiled.jpg

Beelzebub's Turds.

How can you not like a sprout?

I have a recurring nightmare where Theresa May force feeds the Sprouts to me and then beats me to death with the stick.

but what a way to go, eh?

Keep seeing these things in the shops; Sprouts on a Stick:

brussels.jpg

The epitome of evil...I have a recurring nightmare where Theresa May force feeds the Sprouts to me and then beats me to death with the stick.

P

Could this be a novel stick in a vase?

I just don't get why sprouts on a stick=Christmas. Same as carrots with the tops left on.

Is it some kind of 'its Christmas, so we can have extra fresh veg as a treat' psychology?

Edited by frozen_out

I just don't get why sprouts on a stick=Christmas. Same as carrots with the tops left on.

Is it some kind of 'its Christmas, so we can have extra fresh veg as a treat' psychology?

I like to imagine they're harvested by some driverless automated GPS controlled agricultural machine and then glued back to the stalk later by eastern european immigrants. The price has been temporarily inflated, this year, as the massive labour demand required to fold UKIP campaign literature, and stuff it in envelopes, has led to a shortage of available cheap immigrant labour.

Surely anything featuring those sprouts is an anti-fresh-veg message!

Let it go, let it go

Can't hold it back anymore

Let it go, let it go

Turn away and slam the door!

I have never watched the film or consciously tried to listen to that song, but somehow I have managed to memorize the lyrics. We hates it, we hates it forever!

IMO over 30's probably have more brand loyalty than younger groups. Its just in different things.

Blind brand loyalty. For example (but not exclusively) Apple

Apple? I thought sprouts were the foodstuff in this thread? :wacko:

Though back on topic ... apples. Annoyances include apples that can only be bought in bags of a standard size, waxed apples, and apples that have started to go soft. The last two are mercifully less widespread than of old.

******ing bastards who drive over the grass edge when using the road by us to reverse. Woke up this morning to find someone's done both sides since yesterday.

The neighbour's have people who park regularly on their side so that's a muddy swap and looks absolutely crap and is slowly squeezing mud over the path and road.

How every bleating minority gets accommodated these days except the largest minority in the world.

I am of course referring to left-handers - a marvellous group of people who just get on with it and don't expect (or recieve) any special treatment.

Lost count of the times the palm of my hand locks a power-tool in the "on" position just as I lose control of it - oh how they chuckle in the local A&E over my latest DIY or tin-opening mishap.

But do I ring the no-win-no-fee ambulance-chasers...? No. I just accept the risk of missing fingers as part of life's rich tapestry.

Do you business a favour in 2015 and hire more lefties.

Note: You might want to stock up on first-aid kits first...

;)

XYY

How every bleating minority gets accommodated these days except the largest minority in the world.

I am of course referring to left-handers - a marvellous group of people who just get on with it and don't expect (or recieve) any special treatment.

Lost count of the times the palm of my hand locks a power-tool in the "on" position just as I lose control of it - oh how they chuckle in the local A&E over my latest DIY or tin-opening mishap.

But do I ring the no-win-no-fee ambulance-chasers...? No. I just accept the risk of missing fingers as part of life's rich tapestry.

;)XYY

I hear ya, Comrade. And still no left handed boxer shorts.

;)

XYY

i believe males are the world's largest minority, certainly in the developed world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sex_ratio

***** that on a dual carriageway want to travel straight on approaching a roundabout with a single lane exit. Rather than wait their turn the ***** use the right hand lane and go all the way round the roundabout. Thereby ******ing up all the entrances and exits so they get where they want 15 seconds faster. Selfish useless wastes of skin. Personally I'd invent some sort of immolation device to punish this. That and ***** too lazy to indicate. As a pedestrian / cyclist its really useful to know if you intend to try and kill me.

Those hoity toity queue for hours in the left lane dawdlers who hang around for ever and then see their a**es when someone uses the perfectly good and freely available right lane.

Edited by blobloblob

I detest people who keep saying 'Absolutely' in answer to a question.

It has only started in the past few years and is becoming a problem for some.

Perhaps they don't like just saying 'Yes'

I detest people who keep saying 'Absolutely' in answer to a question.

Q: In view if your detestation of the answer, is it foolish of you to ask that question?

A: Absolutely!

People generally have started saying "Really?" As if they dont believe you. So instead of repeating the whole sentence again as if you are treating them like a child, you say Definitely, or Absolutely. Young adults also say "Really?!" A lot as if everything you say is unbelievable or uncomphrendible. Or it could from the TV channel Really or even from the popular shopping website Very.

In the field of communications, it is best to get them to repeat back what you said to check understanding. This is what airline pilots do, you dont say OK or Roger Wilkco, but you repeat back to the tower, the instructions.

Absolutely Fabulous!

Edited by 200p