House Price Crash Forum
GAL BEAR

How I Broke The News To Ea About Sipps!

:lol::lol::lol:

As soon as i heard about the SIPPS U.Turn I popped into my local BAIRSTOWS and shared this

wonderful news with them. (I'm thoughtful like that!)

The looks on their faces!! :lol:

One young guy absolutley refused to believe me. Luckilly I had a print out of comments from this website to

show him. The other 2 'lads' just went white!!

ME: I suppose you lot are fed up now the government have decided to stop this SIPPS thing?

HIM: What, no what do you mean.

ME: Hands him the print-out.

All 3 EA's come over to the table to look.

ME: Don't you lot ever listen to the news or log onto the net?

THEM : (Deathly silence as they read).. then one of them goes back to his desk and starts logging

into his computer.

ME: Well thats' stuffed the property market good and proper in my opinion, what do you think?

THEM: Well, errr don't think it would have had much effect on the property market.

ME: Oh well, thats all right then isn't it?

Still, I hope you havn't convinced too many people to buy properties on the back of SIpps

or you could have a few legal cases on our hands.

Then I flounced out.....

I looked back and saw their GUTTED looks!

IT MADE MY DAY !!!

:lol::lol::lol: (EDIT) YEAR !!!

Edited by GAL BEAR

Guest consa

I don't think the agents are very clued up on the latest developments, does anyone have the address of that website where we can mass e-mail the agents in our areas to help them along a bit ??? :)

LOL. :lol:

Perhaps somebody should go into an EA and pretend to be a buyer looking to buy a property to put into a SIPP. I wonder if they will say 'I'm sorry sir but you can;t do that any more'?

Even I don't have the nerve to do that :lol:

I wish i did though would love to see their reaction.

My next plan is to copy every report on SIPPS U-tURN and post a nice little bundle to every EA in the area

Achieves nothing really but damn well makes me feel great!!!

:lol:

Perhaps somebody should go into an EA and pretend to be a buyer looking to buy a property to put into a SIPP. I wonder if they will say 'I'm sorry sir but you can;t do that any more'?

Now, there's an idea! :rolleyes:

I don't think the agents are very clued up on the latest developments, does anyone have the address of that website where we can mass e-mail the agents in our areas to help them along a bit ??? :)

You are spot on read Estate agency news not a mention.

Linky

There are plenty of other priceless gems to be added to the cows mess being spurted out at the moment.

Edited by Spring Bounce?????

Three bed flat in SW1 - £3 million; five bedroom house in Edinburgh - £750,000. Telling your local estate agent about SIPPS - priceless.

There are some things in life that loose money can't buy.

Let me get this right - you went into a Bairstow Eves (commonly known as B*ast*rd Thieves) office expecting them to be fully up to speed with latest government policy.

Edited by Mildura

I've done my part and put up the topic on C4..

does anybody want to do landlordzone????

......also worth doing now:enrol for the property seminars NOW!!!!......IT'S YOUR DUTY!!!

the fraudsters running these operations will be glossing over or omitting this,so PLEASE go!!!!

make sure you are fully armed with the footage/official reportage of this and then pose a couple of questions to the seminar lecturer.....and do a spot of lecturing to the clueless muppets in the process!!

we are doing nothing wrong,this is OFFICIALLY documented,so no chance of a comeback.

...if they aren't in BTL yet,that will put them off for good.

if they are....it'll scare the crap out of them.....and they will sell up!!

...either way.reduced demand+increased supply= FALLING PRICES.

GO FOR IT COMRADES!!!!!!...TIME TO STRIKE THE FATAL BLOW!!!

oh and if anyone from C4/property seminars is trolling this post then please feel free to use it...I don't care!!!

....we might be turning up to a seminar near you soon....but you won't know who we are until we've terrified the life out of your potential "investors"

Gail bear you soon will have an ASBO against you from the council for upsetting the vunerable in society like EA's

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As soon as i heard about the SIPPS U.Turn I popped into my local BAIRSTOWS and shared this

wonderful news with them. (I'm thoughtful like that!)

The looks on their faces!! :lol:

IT MADE MY DAY !!!

:lol::lol::lol: (EDIT) YEAR !!!

Gor blimey, you lot play for keeps :o:o

I suppose I didn't feel as personally about the bubble here in Australia, as I owned outright until I STR'ed in early 2004. Although, given the Real Estate Agents I have had to deal with over the years ...

:D:D

I had a similar experience on Wednesday last week. Chewing the fat with 3 young EAs in Cambridge. One mentioned that Sipps would help keep the market up in 2006. He was one of their mortgage advisors and he HAD NOT heard the news two days after it had been announced.

You are right that EAs professional knowledge is not always as up to date as it should be.

I was shocked.

Guest consa

Yeah, I think they did. After our last flash mob on the site, they changed their system.

Ah well, never mind, they must virtually all be aware now anyway - if not they will find out soon enough :)

I had a similar experience on Wednesday last week. Chewing the fat with 3 young EAs in Cambridge. One mentioned that Sipps would help keep the market up in 2006. He was one of their mortgage advisors and he HAD NOT heard the news two days after it had been announced.

You are right that EAs professional knowledge is not always as up to date as it should be.

I was shocked.

Same happened to me - in fact I was told by one EA that Gordon B had done the opposite. When I told him that I thought he was mistaken he told me that he knew 'property law inside out' and that I couldn't know all the facts without being an EA. Kind of tragic really on so many levels!

Same happened to me - in fact I was told by one EA that Gordon B had done the opposite. When I told him that I thought he was mistaken he told me that he knew 'property law inside out' and that I couldn't know all the facts without being an EA. Kind of tragic really on so many levels!

I felt a little guilty..

I told a property investor.. In my deffense I didn't do it to be smug..

I was concerned that he might not know.. and I knew that he should.

He didn't..

he did look like I had just punched him..

Thing is, it is not an unreasonable dream for me to want to own a house, it doesent take a degree in economics to realise that prices always come down.

and I am fed up to the hind teeth of people getting upset that I am excited that I may own a home.

I did not get them to invest their futures on the hope that a market will continue to rise.

A market that has failed every time in the past... They did the stupid thing, not me. If they don't like it they will have to get used to it.

Tough, life is hard, but the writting on the wall has been there for long enough for you not to be surprised.

You might be waiting for me to be wrong, but I havent been yet.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I did.

don't you ever.. ever look suprised that this has happened..

It has happened every time before.. I feel an massive anger at the doe eyed look of dumb surprise that things are changing.

I said sipps would not happen.. and they didn't.. if you wanted to call me a fool and believe the press.. well.. that was a bad call, as I said it was then and has been proven now.

Wake up.. I have been saying it for long enough.. listen to me or don't.. but do not cry if I am right.

So no tears.. none..

P.s.. dollar hits 4.25 on tuesday.. now.

THEM: Well, errr don't think it would have had much effect on the property market.

Well I know of 2 people that have bought recently purely on the basis of SIPPS... not to invest (as I understand.. I didn't ask due to rolling on the floor laughing) but they assumed that prices would rise over the next 6 months, and they could resell at a higher price to those investing in SIPPS!