House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
paradox

Rab Special Situations

Looking for ways of locking myself into the commodities bull market I came accross Rab Special Situations.

Has anybody taken a look at Rab Special Situations? I have modest holdings in both RSS and the warrants RSSA.

This looks like it will either flop or take off. RSS is a hedge fund (one of the few listed hedge funds) and it is heavily into commodities.

It has holdings in many the favourites mentioned on here (Galahad, Oxus, Falkland Oil and Gas etc)

The NAV (Net Asset Value) is currently 109p and the share price currently 101p - a discount to the NAV.

The big issue is that the warrants are only 4p and they give the right to buy a share at 115p. This right expires at the end of May 2005.

So that in theory, if the share price (or expectation of the share price) rises to 119p (115 + 4) the warrants will go up in price.

RSS has holdings in some private companies that are looking to achieve a stock exchange listing within the next few months, including uranium mining firms.

Looking for ways of locking myself into the commodities bull market I came accross Rab Special Situations.

Has anybody taken a look at Rab Special Situations? I have modest holdings in both RSS and the warrants RSSA.

This looks like it will either flop or take off. RSS is a hedge fund (one of the few listed hedge funds) and it is heavily into commodities.

It has holdings in many the favourites mentioned on here (Galahad, Oxus, Falkland Oil and Gas etc)

The NAV (Net Asset Value) is currently 109p and the share price currently 101p - a discount to the NAV.

The big issue is that the warrants are only 4p and they give the right to buy a share at 115p. This right expires at the end of May 2005.

So that in theory, if the share price (or expectation of the share price) rises to 119p (115 + 4) the warrants will go up in price.

RSS has holdings in some private companies that are looking to achieve a stock exchange listing within the next few months, including uranium mining firms.

I have RSS too only a few though. steer clear of the warrants though on that exp. I doubt it will flop too much. but they do have a good junior miner portfolio (which like me you have been looking at too)

steer clear of the warrants though on that exp.

Oops, I hold some warrants and some shares :(

I am a cautious amateur relatively new to this game. What do you mean by exp. (exposure?) and what do you think are the drawbacks to these warrants?

You are probably right. Reading the various forums there are some investors hoping for a "step change" in the RSS NAV during the next couple of weeks. I suppose I am also hoping for this.

Otherwise I had better either get shot of the warrants pretty soon or convert them and sit it out for the long term.