House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

macbeth79

What Is The Problems If You Have Been Brainwashed ?

A Question, the question, what is the future

All human societies has been brainwashed by the past, for what purpose, none that i can see, would our lives have been more fulfilled if this had not been the case.

What would Cicero or Kant or Socrates have said.

All human societies has been brainwashed by the past, for what purpose, none that i can see, would our lives have been more fulfilled if this had not been the case.

Dunno, but if they couldn't remember where the fridge was they'd probably die of starvation.

The past is only any good if you learn from it. A fact totally lost on Bliar who, you would hope, wouldn't have sent British troops into Afghanistan had he known his history - OR - he knew but just didn't give a stuff for the lives of British soldiers.

The future is better if you learn from past mistakes.

The past is only any good if you learn from it. A fact totally lost on Bliar who, you would hope, wouldn't have sent British troops into Afghanistan had he known his history - OR - he knew but just didn't give a stuff for the lives of British soldiers.

The past is littered with future mistakes.

So, in the eyes of others you may 'have it made', but not in your own soul which is where it is important.

Tbh Western philosophers could have done a lot worse than just putting +1 under Socrates' comments and using the time saved to drink a bit more.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history

What experience and history teaches us is that people and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it.

When I was 15 I wrote in an essay that "What's wrong with the world is that we can't agree what's wrong with the world." The teacher wrote the comment, "Too simple, I fear, but I like the way you put it." Of course I knew it was oversimple but it's kinda catchy, and it is indeed part of "the problem". E.g. people don't learn from history because they disagree about what lessons we should draw from it! Just take a look after next May and see how different members of the same parties will argue about why they didn't do better....