House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shindigger

Energy Bills

I'm one of the people who can't be bothered shopping around. I look about every 18 months on the price comparison sites and to be honest the biggest possible saving is only about £100 if everything 'remained equal' for the next year.

Mind you that's in part because I won't allow anyone to have direct debits on my bank account.

I'm one of the people who can't be bothered shopping around. I look about every 18 months on the price comparison sites and to be honest the biggest possible saving is only about £100 if everything 'remained equal' for the next year.

Mind you that's in part because I won't allow anyone to have direct debits on my bank account.

Aye. I'm on quarterly billing myself.

My only experience of DD was that Brutish Gas owed me £90 and it took me months to get it back.

DD does seem to reduce standing costs quite markedly though.

We are on Ebico, clear pricing, flat rate, no standing charge, seems a good deal. Was a huge hassle moving though, I can see why people dont bother.

Any plan without a penalty for changing within the same company.....some companies will notify of the new better options available they can offer you for no switching charge.....keep your eye on the new small incomer cos, because they can very often do some very good deals.....flexibility and moverability is key. ;)

We are on Ebico, clear pricing, flat rate, no standing charge, seems a good deal. Was a huge hassle moving though, I can see why people dont bother.

Likewise. Cannot be bothered with UK-style deals from majority of energy companies which are so opaque it is impossible to get to the truth.

The OP's options and savings potential will depend a bit on his/her useage. Ebico produce a bill of under a grand for our 2000kWh eleccy and 8000kWh gas consuming household.

Edit checked projected bill - £820 total for near as darn it 2000kWh eleccy and 8000kWh gas.