House Price Crash Forum

Question Time - Who`s The Daddy?

dances with sheeple

HOLA441
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

e's trying to use his celebrity platform to present an alternate view to the current consensus. I don't much agree with his ideas for making things better. But I don't see many other people actually pushing a message, to 9m+ people, that there are deep flaws in our society that the media try to keep them blind to.

Except when, as they very often do, those media give Brand a platform to speak from.

So, presumably those media perceive some fatal flaws in Brand's pitch and not much of a threat to the agenda they follow.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Except when, as they very often do, those media give Brand a platform to speak from.

So, presumably those media perceive some fatal flaws in Brand's pitch and not much of a threat to the agenda they follow.

One of Brand's mates was on the Daily Politics...basically came across as a Citizen Smith character with an agenda. It was a bit comical and embarrassing tbh........don't think Neil will be inviting him back. On that basis wouldn't expect Brand to do that well.

HOLA446
HOLA447

So what?

His question was valid, not an insult and quite frankly had brand stumped

there have been a million Brands through time, nothing new, unoriginal and lacking substance.

he strikes fear into people because he seems like he has a vast armoury of vocabulary and shouts, reality is, he has a pathetic mockney accent with nothing behind it

I didn't actually watch the program, so I'll shut up now. :unsure:

HOLA448

Key difference between Brand and Citizen Smith was Citizen Smith was actually funny.

True, Brand has never struck me as funny, even when he first appeared. Remember having a conversation about Brand with a bloke at work older than me, he said "It is a generational thing, young punters relate to him". To me, like women`s turn on buttons, funny is funny, it`s timeless, people may go with the flock of their times, ordinary girls might act like they are all powerful goddesses because the media is constantly telling them this, people might feel obliged to go along with the meme that Brand is a "Legend" (after all he has more facebook/twitter/whatever followers than them? But reality always wins, the bloke isn`t really informed or funny, he is just wanting to be famous and in the spotlight, and he will probably jump ship to some other "cause" if he keeps getting side-lined/critiscised in these sorts of televised discussions. IMO.

HOLA449

Didn't see it. To me Farage always looks like the Daddy...can't imagine he was ever young. Even now he has the presence of a 70 year old, what is he 50?

Always strikes me as someone who could throw a few punches in a boxing ring, wouldn`t last in a long brutal fight, but could probably put Brand on his ar*se if he got too lairy? Having said that, didn`t Brand fight his own dad or something for charity? Anyone got a link to that?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

In a couple of decades people will look back on recordings of QT and find it hard to believe that this really was the level of mainstream political debate in the UK.

Some people look back at old recordings of QT with Sir Robin Day and find it hard to believe that was the level of mainstream political debate in the UK.!

I just simply cannot see todays soundbite tutored and stage managed and choreographed muppet MPs survive 5mins with Sir Robin.

HOLA4412

normally don't watch tv much these days but caught bit of HIGNFY last night where it was a black american immigrant who had to pull up rest of the panel for making up stuff about Farage.

I must have dozed off by then, HIGNFY is the weekly party political for the anti-UKIP party.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I remember Brian Walden; used to be on Sunday lunchtimes. Proper interviewers. Proper substantial interrogations.

Agreed. And remember Walden was an ex-MP himself, of the older generation. You know, those that actually had a reasonable grasp of real issues, economics, understood how the world really 'worked', etc

Problem is todays generation of Media Studies graduates are taught to think of this sort of TV as the equivalent of watching paint dry. If it aint got fancy camera work, computer graphics and hard hitting music then it must be pants.

I just keep praying that, rather like old fashions cyclically coming back into favour, that someone somewhere will eventually rediscover this older, simpler style of TV and start teaching it to a new generation of media undergrads

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I must have dozed off by then, HIGNFY is the weekly party political for the anti-UKIP party.

Last nights was interesting. Reginald D Hunter was interestly quiet. The only thing I remember him saying was telling the others off for making up stuff about Farage

Googling for a quote - this old one : https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/28056630000

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I think that Walden had it a little easy; politicians would use his programme to make very planned 'admissions' and 'revelations' during interviews. But it was good viewing.

As I recall, Weekend World was the program that was on tele on Sunday lunchtimes before The Funky Phantom and Hong Kong Fooey.

Forty years plus on, I still prefer watching cartoons to politicians and still think Peter Jay is a ****.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Brand made Brand look a bit of a pr!ck IMHO.
It's all very well accusing Farage of being a jumped up Del Boy but not so good if your coming across as a a whiny Rodney yourself.
If Brand is so worried about the distribution of wealth whys he not handing 20's out to the audience.

He's banging on about the rich whilst totally missing the point that he's one of them.
The guys nothing more than a rabble rouser he's probably stood in a luvvie bar regaling some dahlings of how he gave it to Farage.

HOLA4425

Brand made Brand look a bit of a pr!ck IMHO.

It's all very well accusing Farage of being a jumped up Del Boy but not so good if your coming across as a a whiny Rodney yourself.

If Brand is so worried about the distribution of wealth whys he not handing 20's out to the audience.

He's banging on about the rich whilst totally missing the point that he's one of them.

The guys nothing more than a rabble rouser he's probably stood in a luvvie bar regaling some dahlings of how he gave it to Farage.

Brand is not rich, his wealth is estimated at a measely $15 million...obviously only people with $20 million or more are really really rich*

*Until Brands net worth is $20 million. At that point $25 million will be the threshold for being 'rich'

Archived