House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Drugged Up Uk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30411246

Use of prescribed medicines

50%

of women regularly take prescription drugs

43%

of men regularly take prescription drugs

• 30% of total prescriptions were for cardiovascular disease

• 5% of total prescriptions were for antidepressants

Source: Health Survey for England 2013

"Stopping smoking, being a healthy weight, eating more vegetables and fruit, and being physically active reduce people's risk of these diseases, for people who want to avoid taking medicines."

:-)

Physically active on an allotment growing fruit and veg might be good for people?

Its shocking and a total money grabbing scam. Anyone who can't see this needs to open their eyes.

Physically active on an allotment growing fruit and veg might be good for people?

Indubitably.

Plus you can grow some drugs there as well.

On a course of antibiotics for a poisoned thumb, after I was advised that the infection might spread and become critical. First time I have taken drugs in decades. Guess I will be one of those responsible for making us all antibiotic resistant. Misadventure doing some essential maintenance work, but hey you will know who to blame.

Must admit my first thought was to presume "the pill" accounted for a high proportion of the women. Genuinely surprised that the figure is so high for blokes though.

I thought that was on people who buy commercially grown food. Goddamn eaters!

Indeed.. do they still give livestock routine courses of antibiotics regardless of whether they are sick or not?

Then preach hell and brimstone if we ask for some for a tonsil infection ? [/dismounts soapbox]

Its shocking and a total money grabbing scam. Anyone who can't see this needs to open their eyes.

I see it......drugs have a place, but we are taking far too many of them and should be more discerning about what we put in our bodies....drugs are not miracles,taking them may have as many bad effects as good effects and there are better more natural and adjustments that can be made in lifestyle that will do better good for many people.....anyway tons of prescriptions are not taken in full or taken at all...the waste is real and out there.

Must admit my first thought was to presume "the pill" accounted for a high proportion of the women. Genuinely surprised that the figure is so high for blokes though.

Indeed.. do they still give livestock routine courses of antibiotics regardless of whether they are sick or not?

Then preach hell and brimstone if we ask for some for a tonsil infection ? [/dismounts soapbox]

Yes, they do. A favourite is Ciprofloxacin.....

http://ciproispoison.com/

Fine for the privileged few who can get an allotment ...

There's not big queues at many sites round here at the moment.

If you wanted one you'd not have to wait long.

A long list is a sign that the assoication hasn't got its act together to either

- encourage people on queue to badger council for extra land

- keeps on top of the list.

Having gone through a site list and most of the people on it had waited so long they don't want a plot anymore...

I thought that was on people who buy commercially grown food. Goddamn eaters!

Well my prescription didn't last more than a few hours.....penicillin allergic...sick and red as a tomato this morning.

Should have taken my own advice, stay away from bloody GPs.....now got more than a poisoned thumb to worry about. Proves I rarely see a doctor, must be the oldest person ever to discover they are penicillin allergic.

Well my prescription didn't last more than a few hours.....penicillin allergic...sick and red as a tomato this morning.

Should have taken my own advice, stay away from bloody GPs.....now got more than a poisoned thumb to worry about. Proves I rarely see a doctor, must be the oldest person ever to discover they are penicillin allergic.

Whoops.

Yeah although when your arm dropped off you might wish you'd have gone.