The Masked Tulip

HOLA441
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
  • 9 months later...
HOLA443

I'm tempted to start a new topic on the "Lügenpresse" (lying press) as it's such perfect description. It doesn't work so well in English.

I've said before, but you probably find it hard to believe me so I'll say it again, but the German TV news is actually more shockingly prejudiced than the BBC. They really are in "in order to prevent naziism, we had to become nazis" mode. The latest survey shows support for pegida has fallen from 23% last year to 17% now. Given that other polls are starting to show the voters turning against the government because of immigration, the only explanation can be the propaganda campaign the tv has carried out against them.

A couple of weeks ago, the TV news was full of the story that a speaker at the pegida demo had said "it's a shame the concentration camps aren't still in service". It sounded plausible, so I wouldn't really have looked into it further, except it was mentioned late into the report that the speaker had been booed off stage, and that one demonstrator had been beaten up be the counter demonstrators (the so-called anti nazis who are actually the real nazis).

When I looked into it, it is actually a little difficult to follow speaker's speech as it is a bit rambling and with lots of interuptions. It is a bit like one of those O-level English questions, "what did the author mean by this statement". You have to think about the context. Here, he was actually talking about the fact that a local politician had told a German resident, that if he didn't like immigrants coming here, he could leave the country. So his reference to the concentration camps is actually implying that pegida supporters, or anyone protesting against immigration would end up in the concentration camps, not that the immigrants should be put in concentration camps.

Die Welt appear to have correctly analysed it, but I imagine that the vast majority of the German population thinks that he was calling for the internment of immigrants. His publishing company (he was a mildly succesful author of fiction) has stopped publishing his books in reaction to the media outrage.

So we have the media and authorites conspiring to manipulate the truth to discredit an individual (and the movement generally), censor his books, deprive him of his livlihood, while basically lauding the baying hate mob of hilariously self proclaimed "anti-nazis" for intimidating and attacking peaceful demonstrators and vandalising their cars.

What is that if not naziism?

(Actually, the majority of the guy's speech was rather unpleasant about muslims, which I guess is why he got booed off)

HOLA444

I am amazed every time they interview a german they look horrified that they could be accused of being racist and say over and over again they aren't against the migrants.

Is it just the media there or are they "educated" through school to be this way I wonder.

HOLA445

I am amazed every time they interview a german they look horrified that they could be accused of being racist and say over and over again they aren't against the migrants.

Is it just the media there or are they "educated" through school to be this way I wonder.

Same all over northern europe. Tolerant to the point it destroys them. People have forgotten the difference between being tolerant and being taken advantage off.

It's not just immigration either. Just look at how many people get ripped off by scam artists. Its like peoples instinctive ability to analyse risk and threat has been completely eroded over the last few decades. Their irrational fear of being called a 'bigot' is just one symptom of that.

HOLA446

I'm tempted to start a new topic on the "Lügenpresse" (lying press) as it's such perfect description. It doesn't work so well in English.

I've said before, but you probably find it hard to believe me so I'll say it again, but the German TV news is actually more shockingly prejudiced than the BBC. They really are in "in order to prevent naziism, we had to become nazis" mode. The latest survey shows support for pegida has fallen from 23% last year to 17% now. Given that other polls are starting to show the voters turning against the government because of immigration, the only explanation can be the propaganda campaign the tv has carried out against them.

A couple of weeks ago, the TV news was full of the story that a speaker at the pegida demo had said "it's a shame the concentration camps aren't still in service". It sounded plausible, so I wouldn't really have looked into it further, except it was mentioned late into the report that the speaker had been booed off stage, and that one demonstrator had been beaten up be the counter demonstrators (the so-called anti nazis who are actually the real nazis).

When I looked into it, it is actually a little difficult to follow speaker's speech as it is a bit rambling and with lots of interuptions. It is a bit like one of those O-level English questions, "what did the author mean by this statement". You have to think about the context. Here, he was actually talking about the fact that a local politician had told a German resident, that if he didn't like immigrants coming here, he could leave the country. So his reference to the concentration camps is actually implying that pegida supporters, or anyone protesting against immigration would end up in the concentration camps, not that the immigrants should be put in concentration camps.

Die Welt appear to have correctly analysed it, but I imagine that the vast majority of the German population thinks that he was calling for the internment of immigrants. His publishing company (he was a mildly succesful author of fiction) has stopped publishing his books in reaction to the media outrage.

So we have the media and authorites conspiring to manipulate the truth to discredit an individual (and the movement generally), censor his books, deprive him of his livlihood, while basically lauding the baying hate mob of hilariously self proclaimed "anti-nazis" for intimidating and attacking peaceful demonstrators and vandalising their cars.

What is that if not naziism?

(Actually, the majority of the guy's speech was rather unpleasant about muslims, which I guess is why he got booed off)

You only need to look at what the UK press and government done to Tommy Robinson compared to his own story

HOLA447

Same all over northern europe. Tolerant to the point it destroys them. People have forgotten the difference between being tolerant and being taken advantage off.

It's not just immigration either. Just look at how many people get ripped off by scam artists. Its like peoples instinctive ability to analyse risk and threat has been completely eroded over the last few decades. Their irrational fear of being called a 'bigot' is just one symptom of that.

It's epigenetics. We've been living in times of plenty with little threat. It's brought out the 'r' side of our animal nature. There's plenty to go around, why worry? Why draw lines between people?

But people are starting to perceive the existential threat that faces us and together with a resource squeeze, we're going to see the activation of the 'K' type behaviours which have dominated Europeans in the past.

It's going to be brutal.

HOLA448

Germany has a bit of a problem with the history of their "Thousand Year Reich", and possibly think that any bit of pride in their nation or culture, will result in them being labelled Nazis. Being as "soft as shite" with these braying scroungers, will not be much good for them. I am no Nazi BTW. :unsure:

HOLA449

70 years of propaganda about how they're all genetically evil and responsible for events before they were born, and you think to yourself... someone really wants Germany destroyed for good. It's almost racist but it can't possibly be because it's against the "nazis". :rolleyes:

Archived