House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Germans Take To The Streets To Protest Against 'islamisation'

A new type of anti-immigration protest is sweeping across Germany, as thousands take to the streets against what they say is the growing “Islamisation” of the country.

The new protests, which began in the city of Dresden in the former East Germany, feature no neo-Nazi slogans and have nothing to do with the traditional far right.

Instead the demonstrators have adopted the old rallying call of the protests against the East German communist regime that brought down the Berlin Wall 25 years ago, “Wir sind das Volk”, or “We are the people”. They say they want to preserve Germany’s Judeo-Christian Western culture.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/11281103/Germans-take-to-the-streets-to-protest-against-Islamisation.html

Demonstrations against Muslim immigration in Cologne earlier this year turned violent, but unlike the far-right groups and self-proclaimed “hooligans” behind those protests, Pegida insists its movement is peaceful.

Guess there isnt a german equivalent of UAF ensuring there is no such thing as a peaceful protest...most far right protests nowadays are peaceful...that is at least until the communists turn up.

That article is 100% Torygraph spin.

As I mentioned previously I'm currently in Germany and those protests are not at all about Islamisation or about 'preserving Germany’s Judeo-Christian Western culture'.

They are mostly a reaction of the people that have realised that our democracies (as in: the western democracies) are an illusion that is fading fast, so the protests are mainly anti-globalisation and against the fact that governments only listen to corporations, not the people they are supposed to represent.

Also most of the people going to these protests are indeed from the far-right and the far-left (again the torygraph is wrong), which is something of a curiosity that's being discussed in the media here as far-right and far-left tend to beat each other up rather than protest together.

As I mentioned previously I'm currently in Germany and those protests are not at all about Islamisation or about 'preserving Germany’s Judeo-Christian Western culture'.

They are mostly a reaction of the people that have realised that our democracies (as in: the western democracies) are an illusion that is fading fast, so the protests are mainly anti-globalisation and against the fact that governments only listen to corporations, not the people they are supposed to represent.

Also most of the people going to these protests are indeed from the far-right and the far-left (again the torygraph is wrong), which is something of a curiosity that's being discussed in the media here as far-right and far-left tend to beat each other up rather than protest together.

So the protest group being named 'Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the West' is coincidental?

http://pegida.de/

So the protest group being named 'Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the West' is coincidental?

http://pegida.de/

That is only one of the groups taking part in these protests (the far-right wingers).

Of course the far-right groups are focusing more on 'Ausländer raus' (foreigners out) as they always have, while the left-wingers are focusing more on the anti-corporations theme, but the overall theme of the protests is not specifically about 'islamisation'.

Also Dresden is a hotbed of neo-nazis so claiming the protests 'have nothing to do with the traditional far right' is laughable.

Never seen a thread derailed so fast! Good job, paid posters!

Never seen a thread derailed so fast! Good job, paid posters!

Huh? :huh: Your post is the first post that's not on topic in this thread...

Whoever wants to live here permanently should be encouraged to speak German in public and within the family,” the draft said.

What a lot of people here say too (although English not German) ..
There is no integration without learning to speak the native language.

Hmmm. Not entirely new.

When I went out to Germany in 1985, someone (english) told me a bad-taste joke (and bearing in mind that Germany's main moslem population is Turkish):

Q: What's the difference between the Turks and the Jews?

A: The Jews have had theirs.

Of course the Torygraph is doing the same thing as UKIP: taking what was deeply taboo last century and re-formulating it to turn to the mainstream. So they wouldn't put it like that!

Moslems were great supporters of the Nazis in WWII and many served in the SS.

Now the Germans complain about them.

Damned ungrateful, these Germansr.

Yes, some Turks were! I work at the next desk from a Turkish bloke. We are too polite to notice neither of us celbrates Christmas that much! Still we will all be out for the works piss-up! :blink:

That is only one of the groups taking part in these protests (the far-right wingers).

Of course the far-right groups are focusing more on 'Ausländer raus' (foreigners out) as they always have, while the left-wingers are focusing more on the anti-corporations theme, but the overall theme of the protests is not specifically about 'islamisation'.

Also Dresden is a hotbed of neo-nazis so claiming the protests 'have nothing to do with the traditional far right' is laughable.

From experience I can confirm that at least this bit of Eagle's post is absolutely correct. Or at least it was about a decade ago.

Yes, some Turks were! I work at the next desk from a Turkish bloke. We are too polite to notice neither of us celbrates Christmas that much! Still we will all be out for the works piss-up! :blink:

so who do you think is aiming for leadership of the caliphate?

turkey are just biding their time until the saudis and the iranians go at each other.

if the isrealis or the yanks take either of the above out forcibly(which they will),turkey will turn hostile to europe for sure,and take the rest of the moslem world public opinion with it.

as I've said before, worth bearing in mind they have ben given,whilst in nato, the 2nd largest army in that organisation and more tanks and artillery than UK france and germany Combined.

..one of the few areas of geopolitics I actually agree with van rompouy on(as in turkey is not a natural member)..he sees europe as a exclusive roman catholic construct...we do not.we still doth protest and don't take kindly to doing their dirty work for them.

we have had enough of papal dictates/inquisitions etc, so it's not our concern.they made their bed..

then europe has a BIG problem.

FWIW i think the actions of the last pope have put paid to ANY kind of reconciliation in that respect.

I expect we will see a north-south split develop in europe now..northern europe ie benelux +scandinavia+germany(and maybe france)

uk and ireland will go with north america/canada.(rome has lost ireland now)

Guest Jemmy Button

so who do you think is aiming for leadership of the caliphate?

turkey are just biding their time until the saudis and the iranians go at each other.

if the isrealis or the yanks take either of the above out forcibly(which they will),turkey will turn hostile to europe for sure,and take the rest of the moslem world public opinion with it.

as I've said before, worth bearing in mind they have ben given,whilst in nato, the 2nd largest army in that organisation and more tanks and artillery than UK france and germany Combined.

..one of the few areas of geopolitics I actually agree with van rompouy on(as in turkey is not a natural member)..he sees europe as a exclusive roman catholic construct...we do not.we still doth protest and don't take kindly to doing their dirty work for them.

we have had enough of papal dictates/inquisitions etc, so it's not our concern.they made their bed..

then europe has a BIG problem.

FWIW i think the actions of the last pope have put paid to ANY kind of reconciliation in that respect.

I expect we will see a north-south split develop in europe now..northern europe ie benelux +scandinavia+germany(and maybe france)

uk and ireland will go with north america/canada.(rome has lost ireland now)

At times, I think it would be better if a great big asteroid hit the earth and wiped the whole bloody lot of us out...

At times, I think it would be better if a great big asteroid hit the earth and wiped the whole bloody lot of us out...

It would be sufficient if the asteroid wiped out the psychopaths in Washington, London, Vatican City, TelAviv and Riyadh who are running this horror show. The vast majority of humanity is peace-loving and friendly.

bizarre, I thought father christmas was turkish?

It would be sufficient if the asteroid wiped out the psychopaths in Washington, London, Vatican City, TelAviv and Riyadh who are running this horror show. The vast majority of humanity is peace-loving and friendly.

Leaving those peace-loving teddy bears in Moscow, Bejing and Pyongyang, of course.

Guest Jemmy Button

Leaving those peace-loving teddy bears in Moscow, Bejing and Pyongyang, of course.

You make my point with the implicit hatred in your post - us versus them. Hate, hate, hate. Nah, No one to be spared. Better to wipe the whole bloody lot of us off the face of the earth.

You must be living in the other Germany then?

Far-right group Pegida holds ‘Islamisation’ protest. Its first march, advertised on Facebook and other social media, attracted just 200 supporters. By last week the figure had risen to 10,000. By Monday night it had grown to an estimated 15,000. Some told the Guardian of their angst over the “demise of the West” due to the rise of Islam or voiced their distaste of salafists.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/15/dresden-police-pegida-germany-far-right

You must be living in the other Germany then?

Far-right group Pegida holds ‘Islamisation’ protest. Its first march, advertised on Facebook and other social media, attracted just 200 supporters. By last week the figure had risen to 10,000. By Monday night it had grown to an estimated 15,000. Some told the Guardian of their angst over the “demise of the West” due to the rise of Islam or voiced their distaste of salafists.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/15/dresden-police-pegida-germany-far-right

Agreed.

"Der Adler" redet Unsinn.

I think the problem may be, that these "monday night protests" have actually been going on for about a year, but the press have been very cagey about reporting them, and I suspect they may have only recently crystalised around this pegida lot. I could be wrong though. I certainly hadn't realised they were particularly anti islamic myself. Now that the press have started interviewing the participants, it seems many of them are just fed up with the politicians ignoring them, much like ukip supporters.