House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Mcless Recovery

http://news.mcdonalds.com/Corporate/Press-Releases/Financial-Release?xmlreleaseid=123059

OAK BROOK, Ill., Dec. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- McDonald's Corporation today announced that global comparable sales decreased 2.2% in November. Performance by segment was as follows:

• U.S. down 4.6%
  • Europe down 2.0%
  • Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa (APMEA) down 4.0%

"Today's consumers increasingly demand more choice, convenience and value in their dining-out experience," said McDonald's President and Chief Executive Officer Don Thompson. "We are working to bring the McDonald's Experience of the Future to life for our customers to better deliver against these evolving expectations. Each of our geographic segments is focused on regaining business momentum by prioritizing initiatives to improve comparable sales performance in the near-term, while developing innovations to deliver sustained profitable growth through McDonald's Experience of the Future."

In November, U.S. comparable sales decreased 4.6% amid strong competitive activity. To restore momentum, McDonald's U.S. is diligently working to enhance its marketing, simplify the menu, and implement a more locally-driven organizational structure to increase relevance with consumers.

How do you increase choice by simplifying the menu???

The US is changing.

People are drinking craft beer rather than Miller's p1ss.

People are eating posh fast food - food trucks, bbq etc.

Neither Miller or McD have adapted.

They die.

Mind you it'll be slow because the likes of McDs generally own a lot of land and likely retail warehouses etc beside each of their outlets so in that respect they're now more property developers rather than primarily food outlets.

A bit like Tesco et al these days. Likely they're considered to be too big to fail just like the banks - a lot of them such as Tesco are banks as well.

Another reason for them keeping propping up land prices.

Mind you it'll be slow because the likes of McDs generally own a lot of land and likely retail warehouses etc beside each of their outlets so in that respect they're now more property developers rather than primarily food outlets.

A bit like Tesco et al these days. Likely they're considered to be too big to fail just like the banks - a lot of them such as Tesco are banks as well.

Another reason for them keeping propping up land prices.

You;re describing the majority of UK SMEs - nothing more than property plays with a bit of business to tick it over.

Doomed.

The US is changing.

People are drinking craft beer rather than Miller's p1ss.

People are eating posh fast food - food trucks, bbq etc.

Neither Miller or McD have adapted.

They die.

I think McDonalds/BK/KFC have ripped off their market for too long. I'll still go there every now and then if desperate if I have vouchers meaning a 'meal deal' for under £2.50 or so. But for the £5-7 their full price menu costs, I can go wetherspoons. Get better food, better surroundings, better staff and a beer included. Granted wetherspoons isnt exactly haute cuisine...but given its the same price as McDonalds, theres no choice.

The one that gets me is Domino's. Their pizza's are absolutely foul and, during the evenings at least, cost the thick end of £20. and yet the chavs are queuing out the door every night...and the delivery vehicles nipping in and out of the council estate opposite.

I think McDonalds/BK/KFC have ripped off their market for too long. I'll still go there every now and then if desperate if I have vouchers meaning a 'meal deal' for under £2.50 or so. But for the £5-7 their full price menu costs, I can go wetherspoons. Get better food, better surroundings, better staff and a beer included. Granted wetherspoons isnt exactly haute cuisine...but given its the same price as McDonalds, theres no choice.

The one that gets me is Domino's. Their pizza's are absolutely foul and, during the evenings at least, cost the thick end of £20. and yet the chavs are queuing out the door every night...and the delivery vehicles nipping in and out of the council estate opposite.

I find Wetherspoon's very good values. Its all zap + heat food but its not bad.

I'd remove KFC from that list. My 8yo son loves KFC. He's less keen on McDs. He likes BK but each time we go some bit of machine is not working so we never manage a full order.

Kid's love domino's too. I find it a rip off - but whatever they do my kids love it. You have to play the website site work out the cheapest deal.

For the price of 2 Dominoes (whic alwasy but1, get 1 free) we can go to pizza hut and have 2 kids meal + 1 adult. And all the salad we like.

I tend to just eat salad, have a token slice or two of pizza and get them to box it. The kids have it the next day for a cold dinner - which they think is great. I spoil those brats.

Don't me started on Papa John's. Im sure I can see some sub-continental illegals chained up in the back. All the franchises seemed to be owned by dodgy asians.

They could perhaps consider making a burger that was bigger than a small beer mat - the last time I went in MC-D the size of the "big mac" was so pathetic I just threw it straight in the bin outside without taking a single bite and went to the nearest burger king instead.

But for the £5-7 their full price menu costs, I can go wetherspoons. Get better food, better surroundings, better staff and a beer included. Granted wetherspoons isnt exactly haute cuisine...but given its the same price as McDonalds, theres no choice.

Same here. For little more than the cost of a McDonalds' pink slime 'burger' meal, I can go to a local chain and buy one of their home-made burgers and fries that will do for dinner and the next day's lunch.

I eat there occasionally, but only when we stop in some remote town on a highway trip and don't have anywhere better to eat.

They could perhaps consider making a burger that was bigger than a small beer mat - the last time I went in MC-D the size of the "big mac" was so pathetic I just threw it straight in the bin outside without taking a single bite and went to the nearest burger king instead.

Agree ...

mcdonalds_big_mac_fail.jpg

Agree ...

mcdonalds_big_mac_fail.jpg

Its odd how the buns have browned perfectly in the real version, but the seeds have not.

Don't think I've had one this year, made plenty myself especially over bbq summer (In fact I had a double chilli veg burger last night, that was proper fat *******!)

Where I work has a burger van near the mcdonalds that gives local businesses a 20% discount - can literally get a oversize bun with 4 sausages 2 bacon and an egg with all the sauce you can handle for £2.50 plus a free brew. Had a couple of them this year and while still mass produced junk it wipes the floor with the multi-nationals!

I think McDonalds/BK/KFC have ripped off their market for too long. I'll still go there every now and then if desperate if I have vouchers meaning a 'meal deal' for under £2.50 or so. But for the £5-7 their full price menu costs, I can go wetherspoons.

A bit of a disconnect with the official narrative there. Whenever I hear corporate media prattling on about the fat epidemic there's almost invariably a shot of fast food chain outlet, accompanied by a voice-over saying about how cheap they are.