House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robo1968

Looking For A Web Designer Writing In Html-Anyone Help?

I run my own business and for the past four years have relied on my UK distributors to provide a website (lazy I know but it's been busy)

Having had a number of product changes and them being to busy (and a bit cr4p) I have produced a website in a Wix type format to get the design I want and am pretty happy with it.

Trouble is that it is not featuring in google searches for reasons I basically understand so before I go looking for an all out provider I thought I'd ask on here if someone is willing to construct a similar site in HTML and get me started with editing it.

otherwise anyone got suggestions for a program, company or individual to use?

Thanks

Cheers

I already own the domain and the distributor hosts it, they are fine with me making changes/taking it away

I run my own business and for the past four years have relied on my UK distributors to provide a website (lazy I know but it's been busy)

Having had a number of product changes and them being to busy (and a bit cr4p) I have produced a website in a Wix type format to get the design I want and am pretty happy with it.

Trouble is that it is not featuring in google searches for reasons I basically understand so before I go looking for an all out provider I thought I'd ask on here if someone is willing to construct a similar site in HTML and get me started with editing it.

otherwise anyone got suggestions for a program, company or individual to use?

Thanks

Are you going to use Adwords, or are you going to use Google "natural" rankings?

Have you got permission from Google to use the Internet?

I phoned them and they said yes....

Are you going to use Adwords, or are you going to use Google "natural" rankings?

we tended to be top ranking but I might try an promoting too, the brand is pretty well established, I want to do more web sales next year rather than relying on shops that are closing by the week.

It's all about optimising your site around your performing keywords.... You need to understand your business and know what these are.

Something you could learn to do in half a day rather than pay someone £££ to do it for you...

If your brand is good has a following has been around for a while, it should rise automatically to the top of the listings anyway, providing of course your website is half way decent.

Age of the domain name is a big player these days rather than a free wix thing invest a couple of quid and purchase your own. The older the domain name gets the better it performs in organic search.

While you are at it they are cheap enough to buy half a dozen around the keywords/business name which promote your brand. Even if you don't use them immediately they will be ageing like a fine wine.

There are no magic tricks these days that get you to the top in short order and keep you there. The key is to provide a better site than your competition, more informative about the product better and larger pictures ect all go a long way. If you are a SMB don't forget about a privacy policy and plenty of transparent contact information, sounds corny but the more trust google can allocate your site the further up the list it will place it.

Look to get your business name and address and web url placed in as many RELEVENT categories across the web as you can. Free directories and the like even cheap advertising like the yellow pages (if it works in your sector) all goes to help. Again if google can see your link on other sites in your 'business sphere' it all goes to increase the trust factor and pushes you further up the list.

That makes as much sense as this

Me and the lads went 'Top Ranking' when we were emm Lads......

Wasn't there a chain of nightclubs called Top Ranking?

Age of the domain name is a big player these days rather than a free wix thing invest a couple of quid and purchase your own. The older the domain name gets the better it performs in organic search.

While you are at it they are cheap enough to buy half a dozen around the keywords/business name which promote your brand. Even if you don't use them immediately they will be ageing like a fine wine.

That is interesting, I wasn't aware of that at all. So a domain that I buy and sit on for 5 years but never use still performs better than buying it brand new and then immediately going live with the site?

That makes as much sense as this

if you searched for the subcategory of the products out then we came top, I was trying to promote it in the main category, that's what I meant, Difficult without going into detail. Was just looking for help with html, thanks for those with advice

That is interesting, I wasn't aware of that at all. So a domain that I buy and sit on for 5 years but never use still performs better than buying it brand new and then immediately going live with the site?

I wouldn't bet any money on that.

An aged domain is a positive trust signal.... Google can see it registry, when it was made and who owns it. They are all about delivering positive and relevant search results. Their business model is aimed at the end user being satisfied with the SERP.

If it is a bricks and mortar business and it is registered at the same place as the address of the business (mentioned on the website) it is another trust signal. As is mentions of the business name and address on other associated web sites.

Even better would be a click able link bank from a authority domain site to your own.

Not the be all and end all but it helps......Google never let on what influences their algorithms and this is only a small part of it..

There are no magic tricks these days that get you to the top in short order and keep you there. The key is to provide a better site than your competition, more informative about the product better and larger pictures ect all go a long way. If you are a SMB don't forget about a privacy policy and plenty of transparent contact information, sounds corny but the more trust google can allocate your site the further up the list it will place it.

Look to get your business name and address and web url placed in as many RELEVENT categories across the web as you can. Free directories and the like even cheap advertising like the yellow pages (if it works in your sector) all goes to help. Again if google can see your link on other sites in your 'business sphere' it all goes to increase the trust factor and pushes you further up the list.

.. is good advice.

(My bold italics on the key phrase)

Yes, some good advice here.

Although, for real success, try to think much bigger than everyone else. Being incrementally better will mean growth but slow growth and possible only growth on small figures.

Try and find a product or service no one else is doing. I used to work for a company that tried to sell toys online. Failed. Then someone showed them a B2B promotional product that would also interest B2C but no one was doing it and it gave them enough momentum to try again with another company and grow quickly and compete with much bigger players already in the market.

Be wary of people talking about social media. You have to hope you have a service or product that can exploit social media. Some things are perfect, others not. No one is going to click like on your page or share your stuff unless you genuinely make them piss themselves laughing in their house, post something unique and outrageous or respond with A1 quality responses to questions.

Let's say you sell tools, you might be thinking to make a YouTube channel where you test tools. Chances are you'll spend a lot of time and not get very far.

Let's say you sell guitars, you might be thinking to make a YouTube channel when you test guitars. Again, you wouldn't get too far UNLESS you find someone with a big mouth and get some chemistry and comedy going. There's a few guitarists on here that probably know of Anderton's music. Their YouTube channel is a real success story. They use an ex-product demonstrator that has a big personality (Chappers). I'm certain these guys make a fortune just from the videos themselves, nevermind promoting their website! The channel has millions of views. https://www.youtube.com/user/RobChappers

Think bigger than just SEO stuff as it'll be slow if others are already at it. The industry was dominated for years by people spamming Google with article-farms and fake websites but it's changed a bit now. If you threw cash at SEO back in 2005-2007, you could well have made yourself a millionaire quite quickly. I know of many that did.

Let's say you sell tools, you might be thinking to make a YouTube channel where you test tools. Chances are you'll spend a lot of time and not get very far.

I don't know much about tools but test and how-to videos can do pretty well on YouTube in my experience. Normally when I buy a product I spend a few minutes doing a "test" video and sooner or later YouTube pays for what I bought.... ok maybe I won't be buying a Bugatti Veyron just yet :-). Someone doing it a bit better than me could use it as quite a good marketing tool.