House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Is This Gary Speed's House?

The Western Mail is claiming that it has just been put on the market but, if this is the right house below, then it has been on the market for a few months according to PB?

Terribly sad for his wife and children having to make such a decision to leave such a lovely family home.

Anyhow, is the house in the RM link below the same house in the WM article? It is a beautiful house.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46341466.html

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/15m-home-gary-speeds-mansion-8241929

Guest Jemmy Button

I don't know the answer to your question TMT, alas. All I know is that I can't afford it...

I don't know the answer to your question TMT, alas. All I know is that I can't afford it...

Sure you can, if you took out a 95% interest only mortgage for 35 years on a 25% shared ownership scheme with a 1.7% 2 year teaser rate :rolleyes:

Gosh what why did he do it?

Gorgeous house, lovely kids, lovely looking man, nice person, lovely wife, had everything, career, he was loved by so many, then ends it, makes me wonder why I get out of bed in the morning?

Nice house but I wouldn't want it. The amount of work keeping the grass cut and the house clean would be more than I would want to take on.

Gosh what why did he do it?

Gorgeous house, lovely kids, lovely looking man, nice person, lovely wife, had everything, career, he was loved by so many, then ends it, makes me wonder why I get out of bed in the morning?

suffered from depression. And what could best be termed a strained relationship with his wife (she claimed to be sleeping in the car, not at home , when he killed himself. Join the dots).

Nice house but I wouldn't want it. The amount of work keeping the grass cut and the house clean would be more than I would want to take on.

Seems that there has been a lot of remodelling going on inside....the grand gothic staircase doesn't seem to fit that well with the rather modest exterior.

Don't agree on the housework bit, have had large houses, you only create the same amount of dust and mess. Garden...absolute back breaking nightmare...once kept up two acres.

Edited by crashmonitor