House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byron

Pensioner Bonds

Being over 65, pensioner bonds interest me.

1 Search as I will, I cannot find out how to buy them.

2 Anybody got anything bad to say about them?

Being over 65, pensioner bonds interest me.

1 Search as I will, I cannot find out how to buy them.

2 Anybody got anything bad to say about them?

They sound ageist. I thought that was now illegal. ?

Strange that they don't tell you how they are going to be sold.

Perhaps it's just a political stunt and they won't actually be available.

The £10K limit makes it a bit pointless, even if they pay 1% more than the next best offering it would only make a difference of £100 a year, less tax, hardly Earth shattering.

If you don't have much money that's worth having. When they capped the Royal Mail shares I lost out but the gains, even £100, make a big difference to some people.

Even if you have a lot more than £10k it's stil worth putting £10k into them, Even if they are agesist and hark back to the old index-linked paper stamp granny bonds.

If you don't have much money that's worth having. When they capped the Royal Mail shares I lost out but the gains, even £100, make a big difference to some people.

Even if you have a lot more than £10k it's stil worth putting £10k into them, Even if they are agesist and hark back to the old index-linked paper stamp granny bonds.

Only a limited number will be issued. Despite the meagre advantages they offer, all the media info I've heard about them predicts a Black Friday style mad rush for them.