House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

macbeth79

From Air Cadets Centre To Mosque For Free

From Air Cadet Training to Mosque

Islington Islamic center

Parkhurst road

London N7

It used to be an RAF Cadet training center and has has now been given to the muslims as a mosque.

Generations of white working class males learned about friendship and camaraderie and then sent to N. Ireland.

Now it has been given to the muslims as a mosque, could not the council have found an empty building to give the muslims, rather than take from one group and give to another.

What? Incomplete edits? Have you converted to Islam, or something?

Look on the bright side, the use hasn't been changed that much.

Still being used to train footsoldiers for war........ :ph34r:

Aha! The OP now makes sense!

Personally, I don't think the council should be providing buildings for either the ATC[1] or religious groups. OTOH, there are probably far more Muslims in North London than air cadets so, if they must meddle, the current use has some sort of demographic logic.

[1] Nothing against the ATC (or Muslims). I used to be one. Had a great time. But the MoD should be funding it.

Well that's Islington for you! Thankfully I have no reason to live there!

[1] Nothing against the ATC (or Muslims). I used to be one. Had a great time. But the MoD should be funding it.

A muslim ATC? Now you're an infidel?!

Given that Mohammed or Muhammad or even Muhammed is now the most popular baby name in the UK there's going to be a need for a lot more mosques. Maybe some old, disused, churches would be suitable?

(or Muslims). I used to be one.

Life was so simple when we were younger, Grease and Olivia Newton-john and curly wurlys and HiTech trainers and cool cars like Ford Capris.

I guess a council is there to represent the demographic(democratic) majority.

I doubt many of today's population of Islington would fight under the union jack. Many, however, follow the religion of peas. So it makes sense.

Bleak for those remaining in Islington who wont get any use of it...but thats mobocracy for you.

And we don't need the ATC any more.

Britain hasn't got many bombers.

Indeed. Haven't they been laying off trainee pilots because the RAF doesn't have planes for them to fly after they graduate?

i know the place as i live nearby,it's hardly news though as it's been a mosque for a number of years-mostly it's used by Somalis but how do you know it was given for free?

Life was so simple when we were younger, Grease and Olivia Newton-john and curly wurlys and HiTech trainers and cool cars like Ford Capris.

Most of us consider calling them 'curly wurlys' to be a bit racist nowadays.

Stats give counts so add up to 6386

which makes it second most if you count both those spellings of it.

There'd only have to be a few more different spellings further down for it to be number one.

There'd only have to be a few more different spellings further down for it to be number one.

There are, I gave the spelling variants my figure was based on; plus you have the 2013 figures.