08/10/2011

Status changed: from 'No Chain' to 'Available'

09/07/2011

Status changed: from 'Available' to 'No Chain'

08/07/2011

Initial entry found.

I despair, I really do.

HOLA442

Not madness at all. They know that the ones lower will rise a bit due to SD changes. So there will be more in the pot for trade-ups. Also, January is around corner. No reason why early 2015 should be negative for under £1m properties.

:(

HOLA443

Not madness at all. They know that the ones lower will rise a bit due to SD changes. So there will be more in the pot for trade-ups. Also, January is around corner. No reason why early 2015 should be negative for under £1m properties.

Yes, in that band without strictly looking at the figures the buyer has 'saved' around 2.5k in stamp duty - no reason to not extrapolate that into an extra 20k on the price making that 'saving' an additional 40k odd over the course of the loan!

HOLA444

Yes, in that band without strictly looking at the figures the buyer has 'saved' around 2.5k in stamp duty - no reason to not extrapolate that into an extra 20k on the price making that 'saving' an additional 40k odd over the course of the loan!

Absolutely, buyers can't get over the psychological trauma of paying stamp duty to the Government in the lower echelons of a band, would rather spend ten times that amount in the knowledge that it was a lower tax transaction.

HOLA445

Then an extra £60,000 on the asking price. They should really go for it before the general election and pile in.

[this is not investment advice - just in case)

Edited by billybong

HOLA446
HOLA447

What, after 3 years of not being able to sell ?

HOLA448
HOLA449

the flurry of price increases i was expecting in my areas of interest has failed to materialise.

in fact, nowt but decreases today.

maybe the london market is too weak for such fun and games at the moment?

Same as here in my search for changes over 15 miles (round Canterbury - takes in Thanet also) in past 24 hours. Mainly fails or price cuts.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

the other possibility is that someone is looking at it...the EA, keen to boost his commission, immediately puts up the price on the web, to confirm the tale to the buyers.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I am predicting a house near me to come back on the market soon, it was taken off two weeks ago.

Bought for £240k in 2006.

They listed it in June this year for £330k, and played around with the price every few weeks, £320k, £340k, £330k etc.

Modern four bed detached, but rotting windows, broken gutters, and garage full of rotting junk with door left permanently open. Totally delusional sellers.

Expecting it to reappear at around £350k!

HOLA4418

Kirsty Alsop talking to Andrew Neil on Autumn Statement day: "The real problem with stamp duty is you can't borrow it."

Says it all really.

'The real problem with the cost of living, is you can't borrow it.'

Yeah, right Kirsty, noone should save for anything. Lets borrow for everything. I was going to go to work today but I've decided to borrow instead! I think we all know where this is going! :P

HOLA4419

I've been pretty negative on the Market in the north...we have had members that saw growth in the South midlands and around Manchester which tbh I hadn't seen in Nottingham or for that matter anywhere in the easterly corridor running through to Newcastle.

Just straws in the wind, but the fact that one or two people that have had their house camped on the Market for a few months or years have suddenly sold, and there seems just a tad too many sold signs for the usual December falling off a cliff Market that one would expect.

Could be an effect of the ripple just moving through and a very temporary factor.

But may be method in some of this madness in some areas.

Still don't think it will last...born a bear, will die a bear.

HOLA4420

York seems to be nuts - we're looking to move there next year so have started following the market. Houses sell really quick, estate Agents are still holding "open Viewings" etc.

Not much seems to come back onto the market either - so I suspect there's some serious BoMaD cash being deployed. We're looking at the 3 or 4 bed market within a mile of the station, most stuff is in the £300k - £500k band.