House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Captain Euro - Achingly Awful

Fortunately this nonsense seems to be a private enterprise with no EU funding.

Nonetheless it sums up the European one-size-fit-all blandness.

It is utterly fatuous with a naive lack of self-awareness of it's implicitly fascist authoritarian overtones.

I'm not sure if it's aimed at very dull children, or retarded adults.

http://www.captaineuro.eu/

01.png

Fortunately this nonsense seems to be a private enterprise with no EO funding.

Unfortunately, I think we're all paying for it...

Guaradian (1999): Die, Europhobe scum

wiki: Captain Euro

though, fortunately, any concern I may have had that this is neo-fascistic globalist propaganda aimed at the cretinous and the simple minded is completely allayed by seeing a Henry Kissinger quote repeated at the foot of each page on Captain Euro's website.

At the risk of invoking Godwins law the character rather reminds me of this Marvel creation right down to the colour of the uniform

I do love superhero origin stories...

Captain Euro is the superhero persona of Adam Andros. Adam took over the giant SUSTANIA Corporation following the murder of his father, and has dedicated his life to keeping Europe united, and moving towards global sustainability in all areas of human society.
Prior to becoming Captain Euro, Adam Andros was an investigative journalist and a writer with a deep interest in international affairs, social psychology and identity. He discovered his deep passion for keeping Europe together while reporting on the horrific events of the Yugoslav wars, where he made the realization that unity was the only way to move towards peace in Europe. Following the release of his bestselling book which explained his experiences in Yugoslavia and the need for a new age of European Enlightenment, Adam goes on an incredible adventure where he finds out who he really is and comes face to face with his arch-nemesis, Dr. D. Vider, for the first time.

a Henry Kissinger quote repeated at the foot of each page on Captain Euro's website.

“Who do I call if I want to call Europe?”.

Well, certainly not this well-paid man any longer:

Ex EU President Van Rompuy "Hit The Jackpot", Paid Almost $1Million "For Doing Nothing"It's good to be king (or Europe). Former European Council President Herman van Rompuy, derided for "damp rag" ineptness by UKIP's Nigel Farage, will receive around $900,000 over the next 3 years as a "transition allowance" for doing absolutely nothing in retirement. What is even more egregious, as The Telegraph reports, Van Rompuy will pay a reduced "EU Community" tax rate, considerably lower than the Belgian income tax rate on his ill-gotten gains. As Farage exclaims, having driven millions of Europeans into poverty and unemployment during his reign, Van Rompuy "hit the jackpot."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-02/ex-eu-president-van-rompuy-hit-jackpot-paid-almost-1million-doing-nothing

“Who do I call if I want to call Europe?”.

Well, certainly not this well-paid man any longer:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-02/ex-eu-president-van-rompuy-hit-jackpot-paid-almost-1million-doing-nothing

I take that bit about overt EU funding back...

Der Spiegel:

And then Captain Euro has yet to wrangle with an accusation, everybody knows that EU officials: Waste of money. However, as befits a superhero Captain is on your own. The comic has never been subsidized by Brussels, says de Santis. "We do not want the EU's money, otherwise it would be propaganda." Is financed by private donors, the captain, one of them even come from the USA.
In the British Parliament, there were nevertheless repeated critical demands for financing Captain Euro. De Santis has collected them all - as further evidence that Captain Euro one of the "most popular and most discussed cultural icons of the European Union" was.

The reassuring scent of shady corporatists it is then.

The A stands for 'anarchist' of course. A peace loving people left to their own devices who self govern according to common consent. You never read of constitutional issues in their comics because there are none. It's all been resolved a long time ago and the system is perfect.

Steven_Rogers_(Earth-1610).png

Freedom includes the freedom to wear a gimp mask.

The Captain Euro team. They promote peace, sustainability and global cooperation :lol::lol::lol:

Why does it remind me of The Fast Show's Dave Angel? All they need now is the Moonlight Shadow tune.....

Still, he's better than iconic American heroes.

Can you imagine a less suitable hero than a billionaire who copes with abandonment issues by spending his vast wealth developing nifty gadgets, then goes out at night (dressed like a bat?) to beat the bejeesus out of the desperately poor.

Still, he's better than iconic American heroes.

Can you imagine a less suitable hero than a billionaire who copes with abandonment issues by spending his vast wealth developing nifty gadgets, then goes out at night (dressed like a bat?) to beat the bejeesus out of the desperately poor.

And who spends most of his time with an adolescent boy who wears tights and a mask.......

Haha apparently the Captain battles some evil corporation whose only goal is 'expansion, at any cost.' Takes one to know one!

Can't see who this appeals to. Even as a child I hated comics like this that were clearly pushing some agenda, like religious comics or shops that gave out free comics with badly drawn superheroes in them. Clark's did something for its shoes I think.

I suspect it's aimed at very earnest, young and naive continental EU-philes, the type who wet themselves in ecstasy when they hear the 'Ode to Joy' and think the EU is all about living in peace and harmony, probably travelling in the cheapest seats of the EU gravy train in minor functionary jobs. I can't think even the most pro-EU Brit would take it seriously.

Haha apparently the Captain battles some evil corporation whose only goal is 'expansion, at any cost.' Takes one to know one!

Can't see who this appeals to. Even as a child I hated comics like this that were clearly pushing some agenda, like religious comics or shops that gave out free comics with badly drawn superheroes in them. Clark's did something for its shoes I think.

Glamorous anti-hero Nick O'Teen was a personal favourite...

I doubt very much that Captain Euro's first language is English. Try reading it back with a French or German accent.

Also, if he's that good how come he never made Major?

Anyone retiring from the Army with the rank Major is a cad or a boundah, and not welcome at the club!