House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blobloblob

Celebrity Death Sweepstake 2015

Year after year and in spite of war, famine, pestilence, plague, the vastly increased threat of terrorist atrocity, and even at one point in 2012 the widely anticipated end of the world, the great and good of HPC have barely managed to predict a handful of celebrity deaths between ourselves and the whole concept has become truly tedious.

Sod it though; have another try:

• Pick one over 75 and one under 75 (age on 1/1/2015)
  • Entries must be posted before 00:00 1/1/2015
  • Duplicates are not permitted. Once a celebrity has been picked once, no-one else may choose them
  • They have to be proper celebs for a reason other than merely being old in itself (although tonytramcar is welcome to pick me as usual; it gives me the reassurance that I'll probably survive another year)
  • You really shouldn't kill your chosen celebrity yourself but I'm having second thoughts about this rule given everyone's ridiculously poor ability
  • You can't change your selection once made, except if they happen to die before the end of 2014. If so, you can pick a replacement but you must do so before New Year's Day all the same
  • In the event of the end of the world, the competition shall be declared a draw

As ever, out of politeness, I will leave all the obvious ones for others to have a better chance of success.

Mmm, needs some clarification.

Would making a report to police that your selected elderly celebrity sexually assaulted you as a child and their resulting heart attack/suicide, shanking in prison count as killing them yourself?

Is it that time of year to go through the Internet Movie Database again and see which stars are still going - there are loads still in their 90s and above. All that Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage desert air.

I think we should consider more categories - UK and overseas. Both age groups. Just to make it more of an Oscar-like affair?

I am going to throw my hat in with my junior though:

Kim Jong-un - I reckon he has p*ssed off too many people in North Korea or, failing that, he might succumb to some kind of doughnut-related explosion.

There was a lot of chat last year about the ages. Some from me !!

I think the 'upper' should have a maximum way less than 75.

Sorry I need to clarify. Should be over75 and under 50 or something.

Otherwise we just get old and very old.

We need a young category to make it very interesting - IMO anyway :)

But not too young or we will end up celebrating the New Year coming in with Rolf.

OK then, 3 categories:

Senior - over 75

Middle of the road - 50 to 75

Junior - under 50

TMT's call for so-called "diversity" though. No, that's not very HPC.

But not too young or we will end up celebrating the New Year coming in with Rolf.

I believe Christmas entertainment in HM open prisons is currently of an unprecedentedly high standard.

TMT's call for so-called "diversity" though. No, that's not very HPC.

Nah, I didn't want diversity. I am not a rainbow coloured jumper wearer. I simply meant that it would be fun to be able to name some Brits that we felt would snuff it along with some Johnny Foreigners.

Of course, by Brits I would mean anyone in the old Empire - Oz, Canada, NZ, etc.

My middle-aged choice: Judy Finnegan

Staring at Richard Madeley's cherub looking mug for half a lifetime would force me to top myself..

Guest eight

Senior: Nicholas Parsons

Middle: Manuel Pellegrini (already has something of the cadaver about him, IMO)

Young: Jules Bianchi

Guest eight

Senior: Val Doonican

To my astonishment, Val Doonican is indeed still alive. Good call!

Young: Jedward

For that to be a legitimate entry, they both have to cop it in 2015; merely one but not the other doesn't count.