House Price Crash Forum

Black Friday Karma? The Deals Perhaps Weren't That Great?

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2856308/Black-Friday-shoppers-fought-big-screen-televisions-Asda-Tesco-struggling-sell-internet.html

Shoppers who fought over big screen televisions during Black Friday's day of huge discounts are now struggling to sell them on internet
  • Customers were seen fighting over the discounted TVs at supermarkets
  • They include 40in Polaroid TVs in Asda and 50in Blaupunkt HD at Tesco
  • Many shoppers queued for hours for the sets which sold out in minutes
  • Today many of the TVs are being sold online but are failing to get bids

Hundreds of shoppers who fought over big screen TVs on Black Friday are now struggling to sell them on internet auction sites such as eBay.

Customers were seen fighting over the 40 inch Polaroid TVs, which had been reduced by £80 at Asda stores around the country. Others bargain hunters were seen brawling over the 50 inch Blaupunkt HD TV in Tesco stores, where they were reduced by £100 from £399 to £249.

Now I'm sure you aren't laughing but it would appear perhaps the bargain wasn't really much of a bargain?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2856308/Black-Friday-shoppers-fought-big-screen-televisions-Asda-Tesco-struggling-sell-internet.html

Now I'm sure you aren't laughing but it would appear perhaps the bargain wasn't really much of a bargain?

How could they have known! :P

....where they were reduced by £100 from £399 to £249

Eh?

Yeah, quite funny how these discounts work! :P

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Yeah, cheap=nasty.

When I wanted a cheap 2nd LED TV I paid £75 for a 2nd hand 39" 1080p off someone who was upgrading to a 60" panel. Why are people so fixated on buying new things.

Buying a decent Panasonic plasma 2nd hand would be a much better investment and enjoyable experience.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Remember, in a direct democracy, these people have a much say as anyone else and not just once every five years but on everything.

On the other hand, in a direct democracy they'll be too busy fighting over tat to ever pay any notice to the various votes going on.

HOLA4411

On the other hand, in a direct democracy they'll be too busy fighting over tat to ever pay any notice to the various votes going on.

I've just pressed 1 on my Captain Birdseye branded electronic vote registering handset now, to agree with you.

HOLA4412

When I wanted a cheap 2nd LED TV I paid £75 for a 2nd hand 39" 1080p off someone who was upgrading to a 60" panel. Why are people so fixated on buying new things.

Buying a decent Panasonic plasma 2nd hand would be a much better investment and enjoyable experience.

With an old Plasma, you could probably heat a four bedroom house with one..

HOLA4413

It happens in the stock market on various levels. Pump and dump. Or pump up and rights issue.

Black Friday, pump up interest, and then the punters buy, and then they are stuck with no bis on illiquid stock. Polaroid and Blaupunkt TVs bahahaha

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

It is interesting watching various sites removing their sale offers at midnight last night - why would I go and buy a new laptop or take out broadband, etc, etc, today for a higher price than I could have got in the past 3 or 4 days.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the coming week once the stores have worked out whether they made any profit during the past 4 days.

HOLA4417
Customers were seen fighting over the 40 inch Polaroid TVs, which had been reduced by £80 at Asda stores around the country. Others bargain hunters were seen brawling over the 50 inch Blaupunkt HD TV in Tesco stores, where they were reduced by £100 from £399 to £249.

By not having a telly I save £145.50 every single year without having to scrap with some chavs every Christmas to get hold of a slightly more enormous telly.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

IIRC Dawn of the Dead was a satire on shopping, all the zombies desperately trying to get into the shopping mall despite their brains having died.

You can kind of imagine them stoking the crowd Running man style before opening the doors, before fiming it for an "isn't it awful what people are like" type news article.

Archived