House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ash4781

Are Estate Agents Cutting Fees ?

Anecdotal. I have seen a number of EA signs from different chains in my area (Kent) with 1% fees printed on their boards. It is difficult to get the full picture and further to margins without looking at company accounts, RICS reports but in my mind I had 1.5-2% range for their fees.Seasonally adjusted sales transactions and mortgage approvals are falling.

Has anyone seen sub 1% or even rise in numbers using fixed fee eg.Those online agents.

1% has been common in Swansea for some years now according to the various EAs I speak with - hence one reason for the asking price ramping.

Several have told me that they are now worried about new firms - EAs who have left firms and set up for themselves - charging £250 flat fees.

Anecdotal. I have seen a number of EA signs from different chains in my area (Kent) with 1% fees printed on their boards. It is difficult to get the full picture and further to margins without looking at company accounts, RICS reports but in my mind I had 1.5-2% range for their fees.Seasonally adjusted sales transactions and mortgage approvals are falling.

Has anyone seen sub 1% or even rise in numbers using fixed fee eg.Those online agents.

I've never paid more than 1%.

This is how stupid people in London are though...My wife paid, with very little effort on our pats, 0.75%.....her friend, same agent, 1 month later, despite us telling her that they would do it for 0.75%, agreed 2%.

A sum of approx £4500 + VAT !!!!!

That's how stupid the middle classes living in London actually are.

We got an EA flyer last week stating £1,500 fixed fee. For Herts thats a price of £150k for your 1%. 0.5% for £300k, 0.25% for £600k. Last two more the norm round here!

We got an EA flyer last week stating £1,500 fixed fee. For Herts thats a price of £150k for your 1%. 0.5% for £300k, 0.25% for £600k. Last two more the norm round here!

That smacks of total desperation, love it!

That smacks of total desperation, love it!

Smacks of sane priced.

Vendors willing to pay and agent 10K to stick a sign outside their house and open a few doors, so they can achieve a certain price ( :D:D:D:D ) smacks of desperation.

1% has been common in Swansea for some years now according to the various EAs I speak with - hence one reason for the asking price ramping.

Several have told me that they are now worried about new firms - EAs who have left firms and set up for themselves - charging £250 flat fees.

It happened in conveyancing.It was only a matter of time before the EA's got hit too.

Conveyancing used to be money for old rope back in the day for High St sols.Not so now.Companies like MHM/Countrywide do £350 plus search costs

It happened in conveyancing.It was only a matter of time before the EA's got hit too.

Conveyancing used to be money for old rope back in the day for High St sols.Not so now.Companies like MHM/Countrywide do £350 plus search costs

I didn't know that - useful info.

I've never paid more than 1%.

This is how stupid people in London are though...My wife paid, with very little effort on our pats, 0.75%.....her friend, same agent, 1 month later, despite us telling her that they would do it for 0.75%, agreed 2%.

A sum of approx £4500 + VAT !!!!!

When it's HPI money that you haven't had to earn, it is easy to throw it away!

It depends how you categorise this woman. An alternative interpretation: this shows how stupid your friends actually are.

65243 (middle-class Londoner) xx