House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
richc

Shares That Track High-End London Property

There's a whole thread on here about Foxtons, but does anyone have any ideas on other shares that track high-end London property? I think the crash in the oil price is going to lead to a step-change in prime London property prices. It's pretty clear that they've plateaued over the past half year, but I think they're about to really crash and I'm wondering what would be a good target to short to track that fall. Foxtons seems to track London overall rather than just prime, and trying to short property prices directly using the property price indexes in spread betting is pretty useless given the size of the spreads. Any ideas on other shares?

I'm surprised we haven't had a sticky thread on this actually.

I can name ~Northarce

NTA on the London Stock Exchange.

Here is the website http://www.northacre.com/developments/(and try not to drool!)

They are developing a building that you could inhabit that is opposite Buckingham Palace, the address is 1 Palace Street SW1.

Edited by 200p

6 months too late. maybe better to look at the builders. If their tax payers funded handouts are forced to end, which one must hope will happen, their share prices should drop. when or if is anyone's guess.

6 months too late. maybe better to look at the builders. If their tax payers funded handouts are forced to end, which one must hope will happen, their share prices should drop. when or if is anyone's guess.

I don't think it is too late. I'm not looking to spot the turn here, but I do think that the trend is going to continue much more than people are expecting, and there's a long way down for London prime house prices.

Edited by richc

NMX3720 is the home builder and household goods index which has all the big builders in there. The trend is up, and the previous swing low is 11,000 pts.

Edited by 200p