House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Osborne Confirms Extra £2Bn For Nhs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30265833

Weren't they voted in to do the hard cutting that was needed to get rid of the deficit ?

Is you lie to get into power, isn't that fraud ?

Is this a £2Billion pre-election bride to the NHS workers ?

hopefully he'll have nothing left to dole out to "hard working families" to "help" them get on the "property ladder"

As if it was going to be any other way. The NHS needs massive reform but its too much of a sacred cow to touch. I'd love to know a more detailed breakdown of where the budget goes.

Stopping things like breast augmentation due to 'feelz' must be high on the list of things to stop giving out.

I go along with Keynes. If the public aren't spending the government should. The main thing is that the extra money needs to be directed at the people that will spend it on consumption and not to the rentier.

I go along with Keynes. If the public aren't spending the government should. The main thing is that the extra money needs to be directed at the people that will spend it on consumption and not to the rentier.

The Government, is, has and has borrowed for 100 years to do so.

How is that working out?

And what people tend to forget is that Government has no money...so they get it from you.

You arent spending what they took.

Edited by Bloo Loo

Or on useful capital investment projects

The Government, is, has and has borrowed for 100 years to do so.

How is that working out?

And what people tend to forget is that Government has no money...so they get it from you.

You arent spending what they took.

So long as The money that will never be spent = The debt that will never be repaid

I don't think there will be a problem. If saves ever decide to start spending their money the government should start cutting back.

So long as The money that will never be spent = The debt that will never be repaid

I don't think there will be a problem. If saves ever decide to start spending their money the government should start cutting back.

They take 70% of your income I read as a marginal rate for many.

That is to pay for services you dont receive, pensions others will get and debt you never incurred...then they borrow another 4.5K for every household in the UK, every year.

And you speak of equality of the equation?

They take 70% of your income I read as a marginal rate for many.

That is to pay for services you dont receive, pensions others will get and debt you never incurred...then they borrow another 4.5K for every household in the UK, every year.

And you speak of equality of the equation?

I think the 1% have run out of things to buy and aren't spending their money into the economy. If they were the economy would be in a much better state. So why shouldn't the government spend their money for them?

All they have really got in their bank account is digital decoration it's like a security blanket that keep the monsters away.

Ideally yes.

On the consumption led side, Osborne has received a fair bit of criticism for putting money into the hands of people who save much of it, and not the more stimulative means of giving it to people who are likely to stimulate the economy with it

I think the 1% have run out of things to buy and aren't spending their money into the economy. If they were the economy would be in a much better state. So why shouldn't the government spend their money for them?

All they have really got in their bank account is digital decoration it's like a security blanket that keep the monsters away.

The money if the rich won't buy much of there's no economy, they depend on Keynesian stimulus too

This is just so he can say look how nice I am, I'm pouring more of your money into a bottomless pit.

Why not cut down on management, agency fees, and all the other waste that goes on for goodness sake.

Mr Osborne, why not do some constructive work, and sort out the bureaucratic nightmare, that the NHS is.

but, but, the economy is growing....

The money goes towards paying wages.......thousands of people depend on the NHS for their income, directly and indirectly....only solution is to try and keep healthy and not waste resources or taking it for granted, but the sick are their customers, they need the right kind of customers....all about having a healthy balance. ;)

George and his promises, apparently he's cut the deficit by a third. Spending more will reduce the deficit.

Dave says he's paying down Britain's debt.

The economy is a miracle, the best in the world, why can't you see it.

The Conservatives are truly the party of .....................whatever they claim to be whatever that is these days and for sure someone will know - like the other two branches of the LibLabCon.

Edited by billybong

The NHS rhetoric over the next few months is going to be relentless from #LibLabCon. Money no object.

Was at a policy feedback session last week with old people (target voters), what are the issues...? Pure politics.... moaning how bad it is, how it inconveniences, talk of entitlement. I'm like: how are we going to pay for this... there is a £100b overspend and £1.5 trillion debt... their falling on the shoulder of the young. Health living longer, costing more than they've paid in... Told them they were the most fortunate generation ever... the next generations would get nothing like they had.

Somehow did it without being lynched. Shocking how healthcare has become so politicised, so irrational.

............. I'd love to know a more detailed breakdown of where the budget goes. .........

A detailed budget of where the extra £2billion per year is going to go would be a start - rather than just airy fairy claims that the NHS is running out of money. Anyone can say that.

Maybe it is running out of money but them just saying so isn't enough - not by a long chalk and after all the money spent on it over many years.

Edited by billybong

A detailed budget of where the extra £2billion per year is going to go would be a start - rather than just airy fairy claims that the NHS is running out of money. Anyone can say that.

Maybe it is running out of money but them just saying so isn't enough - not by a long chalk and after all the money spent on it over many years.

A detailed budget of where the current money is going would be even more helpful.