House Price Crash Forum

Winter Wonderlands And Other Naff Christmas Stuff

HOLA441
HOLA442

Middle Farm Christmas fair: Hundreds turned away after boggy car park causes chaos

A break in the weather saw a surge of people make for the site, resulting in police having to stop entry for about an hour from 12.15pm.

Most people had turned up on the day while others pre-booked. This meant some of the 1,250 [!!!] people who had pre-booked tickets, costing £5 each, were turned away.

Slightly damp in late November shocker.

HOLA443

Haha, punters fall for it every year. Kids see the poster, and MUST go see it. Parents will pay £30 to get in.

Perhaps it will become a tradition to sit in miles of traffic, pay loads on entry to watch LEDs draped over trees and bushes. This pair nearly made a £1m out of some plastic stuff, and LEDs, and fake snow.

article-1358322-0D417971000005DC-305_634

"ROAR"

2011 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358322/Lapland-theme-park-Brothers-convicted-1m-New-Forest-christmas-scam.html

I think the secret is to make the kids happy.

Kids happy = parents happy. Offer sweets and fizzy drinks!

Hmm maybe one could start a small business, by buying up this kind of stuff (plastic polar bears, raindeer etc), and hiring it out to scam lords who want to do a Wonder land. Then it takes the risk out of whether it would snow or not and people whinging. C'mon what do people expect?!!!

I think if I was a kid and saw that polar bear looming over me it would scare the crap out of me.

HOLA444

People going all gooey over a few LED lit up plastic reindeers etc etc and some false snow.

The propaganda symbolism is strong and goes deep.

People forever looking for greater amounts of external stimulation.....start 'em young....then nothing will ever satisfy them enough......always then needing greater artificial stimulants to satisfy. ;)

HOLA445

MrPin's festive fun starts with stuffing an old sock with used batteries, and hitting my cellmate around the head, so I can steal his snouts! :blink:

HOLA446

Middle Farm Christmas fair: Hundreds turned away after boggy car park causes chaos

A break in the weather saw a surge of people make for the site, resulting in police having to stop entry for about an hour from 12.15pm.

Most people had turned up on the day while others pre-booked. This meant some of the 1,250 [!!!] people who had pre-booked tickets, costing £5 each, were turned away.

Slightly damp in late November shocker.

I love this comment:

The DM should do a christmas special 'sad face' calendar, made from a compendium of all of the best (or worst) sad faces of people who are hyper saddened by some normally totally preventable occurrence - normally brought on by their own stupidity. A perfect gift for every mother in law...............

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
  • 8 months later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Archived