House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Winter Wonderlands And Other Naff Christmas Stuff

The joy of Christmas, even for non believers, and those of other faiths comes from people around you, and not some tat theme park!

Every year there seems to be some outrage about something like this in the Daily Rage. Do people ever learn ?

As a side point, could your average punter tell the difference between a reindeer and an alsatian with antlers strapped to its head ?

You're making the mistake of thinking that the great British entrepreneur has an IQ of over 100!!!;)

The joy of Christmas, even for non believers, and those of other faiths comes from people around you, and not some tat theme park!

I disagree. I spend many minutes pissing myself laughing about this sort of stuff.

That paint you use to mark out football pitches. How much of that would you need to cover, say an acre ?

I want to visit Christmas Pinland, where the badgers have red noses and branches nailed to their heads!

You're making the mistake of thinking that the great British entrepreneur has an IQ of over 100!!! ;)

all kids are above average

I had missed out on this year's developments in rage-inducing Christmas rip-offs until I noticed this thread.

Did a spot of Googling and am now fully up to speed with Laurence Llewelyn Bowen's latest venture.

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to derive some amusement from it all...

10dt72s.jpg

Top entertainment, and easily worth twenty two pounds fifty of someone else's money.

Just a thought, but are we reaching a point where punters are going to be disappointed visiting a Great British Magical Christmas Wonderland that turns out not to be complete s**t?

I had missed out on this year's developments in rage-inducing Christmas rip-offs until I noticed this thread.

Did a spot of Googling and am now fully up to speed with Laurence Llewelyn Bowen's latest venture.

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to derive some amusement from it all...

10dt72s.jpg

Top entertainment, and easily worth twenty two pounds fifty of someone else's money.

Just a thought, but are we reaching a point where punters are going to be disappointed visiting a Great British Magical Christmas Wonderland that turns out not to be complete s**t?

That all looks very festive. I especially like the pond they made for the reindeers to drink from.

Edit : Is that a yuletide drving range in the background ?

Like modern day britain really. Tatty shiite, tarted up and costs a mint.

I used to visit New Orleans with work and was lucky enough to catch the city's 'Christmas in the Oaks' event a couple of times. 25 acres of City Park, strewn with half a million lights, for 30 days, scale railways set ups, all sorts, put together by half a dozen city employees and a small army of volunteers. Tacky/OTT in places, genuinely magical in others, friendly and cheerful atmosphere. Entry cost, about a fiver. I sometimes think about it when folk go a little overboard with snark about Americans.

The Mardi Gras Chinese plastic tat handing out, in New Orleans, is something that even raises my eyebrows for unnecessary waste levels.

The Mardi Gras Chinese plastic tat handing out, in New Orleans, is something that even raises my eyebrows for unnecessary waste levels.

Seconded, that has a grandeur all of its own. Not quite so kid friendly as the Christmas lights either.

I used to visit New Orleans with work and was lucky enough to catch the city's 'Christmas in the Oaks' event a couple of times. 25 acres of City Park, strewn with half a million lights, for 30 days, scale railways set ups, all sorts, put together by half a dozen city employees and a small army of volunteers. Tacky/OTT in places, genuinely magical in others, friendly and cheerful atmosphere. Entry cost, about a fiver. I sometimes think about it when folk go a little overboard with snark about Americans.

UK Council jobsworths would not allow something like that here... but if they did and it was successful then they would tax it to death.

For me, it comes from some tat theme park.

One thing I've noticed since last year is that video shop that closed years ago and that Woolworths have now started opening up in late November as pop up shops for Xmas tat. The shops stink of mould and have dodgy looking electrics cable tacked to the conduits.

I'm looking forward to all the Lapland complaints again this year. Every year people go, every year they are disappointed by drunk elves and muddy car parks. And every year the Mail reports on the shock and outrage.

Mr Pin's crap Hannukah happens again! :blink:

Haha, punters fall for it every year. Kids see the poster, and MUST go see it. Parents will pay £30 to get in.

Perhaps it will become a tradition to sit in miles of traffic, pay loads on entry to watch LEDs draped over trees and bushes. This pair nearly made a £1m out of some plastic stuff, and LEDs, and fake snow.

article-1358322-0D417971000005DC-305_634

"ROAR"

2011 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358322/Lapland-theme-park-Brothers-convicted-1m-New-Forest-christmas-scam.html

I think the secret is to make the kids happy.

Kids happy = parents happy. Offer sweets and fizzy drinks!

Hmm maybe one could start a small business, by buying up this kind of stuff (plastic polar bears, raindeer etc), and hiring it out to scam lords who want to do a Wonder land. Then it takes the risk out of whether it would snow or not and people whinging. C'mon what do people expect?!!!