House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
frugalista

Infuriating V I Spin

... because this is what it is going to be like all the way to the bottom.

First, they claim there are no falls, then they say the crash is over and now we're heading for another surge. Or, they will publish inflation figures over ever longer periods of time "over the last 5 years properties have risen 200%", masking the 15% fall over the last year.

Judging by the headlines from last time, it is going to be like this all the way to the bottom of the cycle.

Eventually it becomes widely believed by everyone that property is a cr@p investment. Then the VIs stop, since further bleating just infuriates people further.

THAT is the time to buy ... if you are a true contrarian.

frugalista

... because this is what it is going to be like all the way to the bottom.

First, they claim there are no falls, then they say the crash is over and now we're heading for another surge. Or, they will publish inflation figures over ever longer periods of time "over the last 5 years properties have risen 200%", masking the 15% fall over the last year.

Judging by the headlines from last time, it is going to be like this all the way to the bottom of the cycle.

Eventually it becomes widely believed by everyone that property is a cr@p investment. Then the VIs stop, since further bleating just infuriates people further.

THAT is the time to buy ... if you are a true contrarian.

frugalista

Yes, no doubt the spin will get worse before it gets better. Just as 1990. All the same rubbish was produced then, by the same people: EA's, Newspapers, TV, Building Societies, RICS, et al.

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

Yes, no doubt the spin will get worse before it gets better.

I would fully expect articles like the following :-

WED 13 MAR 1991

House prices predicted to rise 66% over five years

HOUSE prices in the UK are predicted to rise by an average of 66 per cent over the next five years as the housing market recovers from the slump through falling inflation and interest rates. The Housing Mortgage Corporation, in its latest house price...

I would fully expect articles like the following :-

WED 13 MAR 1991

House prices predicted to rise 66% over five years

HOUSE prices in the UK are predicted to rise by an average of 66 per cent over the next five years as the housing market recovers from the slump through falling inflation and interest rates. The Housing Mortgage Corporation, in its latest house price...

SHIT!!!

Thanks for the tip-off WL - best get a mortgage sorted today!!

Dya know what, as the boat was about to leave the harbour, I was just needing that little bit of guidance. Thanks WL you have now made my life fulfilling. What I would have done if I didnt buy a property now!

Regards also to Insidetrack, RICS, and NAEA and especially Rightmove for thinking of me, and tipping me off about this rising market. They could have sold me that 1 bed apartment for 1.2 million in 3 years, but no, they were considerate and sold it to me today for £250,000.

Why are you HPC's again these people? They are kind and considerate.

[/me pukes repeatedly]

Sorry guys, Ive never posted soo much shit in my life. Sorry but I got possessed (better than repossessed I suppose :) )

TB

BTW guys there is new format for home entertainment - its called Betamax! Gonna be the next big thing! ;)

Is anyone *not* a V.I.? Seems to me the most vocal bears are actually hoping to buy (like me) and are hoping for lower prices in order to get the best bargain possible, at which point all the talk will be of prices going up again!

Are there people here who genuinely want to see a crash but also have no intention of buying even if there is one?

Is anyone *not* a V.I.? Seems to me the most vocal bears are actually hoping to buy (like me) and are hoping for lower prices in order to get the best bargain possible, at which point all the talk will be of prices going up again!

Are there people here who genuinely want to see a crash but also have no intention of buying even if there is one?

I reckon I'm not particularly a VI.

I bought a house in 2002 despite fully expecting a 40% HP reduction in future.

If prices rise my property goes up in value.

If prices fall I will simply have the warm feeling of having called the market correctly (and not from pi$$ing myself).

Regardless of what happens I'll have the same size mortgage. But if prices fall there will be the chance of moving up the ladder (not possible with current prices).

Guest Time 2 raise Interest Rates

Couldn't agree more. It's not about conspiracy theories, it's the

fact I wasn't born yesterday. All the reports over the last six months

or so regarding falling house prices and dire times for the retailers

were aimed solely at the Bank of England, and I guess with the

August rate cut, it had the desired effect. The people preparing these

reports know only too well the only hope they have is for the BOE

to keep rates low. Due to sterling falling 10% and oil rising 40% they

know only too well inflation is going to stay above the 2% target. Now

a rate cut is out of the window, I expect all reports to be up with a

positive spin. PR innit! I would just like to add, the house I was

thinking of buying last Christmas for £425,000 is still for sale at

£349,995. :unsure:

yes me !!!! i have decided to wait for my parents to die and then have thier house,takes all sorts.............keep my money and investments for fun and livin!!

yes me !!!! i have decided to wait for my parents to die and then have thier house,takes all sorts.............keep my money and investments for fun and livin!!

Well at least you're planning to wait.....