House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fru-gal

Autumn Statement 2014 Predictions?

A build-to-rent subsidy/tax break for the landlord

Stamp duty holiday on new builds costing up to £250k

Triple-locked NS&I bonds for the over-60s

£11k personal allowance for 2015-16

By definition it's almost impossible to predict what the crazies will come up with - but one thing is certain little or nothing will be of real benefit to the UK people or to the real UK economy. Their track record is proof enough.

Gifted deposits for the under 30`s

Deposits for the under 30s loaned at interest, maybe. People born after 1975 will not be gifted anything.

Already here HTB ..look to Australia for the natural progression of a housing ponzi scheme

UK govt can't afford Australian levels of recklessness with taxpayer cash in the property market, much worse fiscal position.

UK govt can't afford Australian levels of recklessness with taxpayer cash in the property market, much worse fiscal position.

They wont be paying for it, the loan recipients children/grand children will , the politicians have no guilt just a VI in a waoe packet for the next five years

They wont be paying for it, the loan recipients children/grand children will , the politicians have no guilt just a VI in a waoe packet for the next five years

It doesn't make sense for the Conservatives to go after the under 30s in the 2015 election in such an expensive way. The vast majority of under 30s are a long way from being Conservative voters and converting them with freebies would be expensive. There are cheaper ways of buying votes. To have any chance of forming the next government the Conservatives need to win back the over-50s they are losing to UKIP. The handouts will be focused on that demographic.

It doesn't make sense for the Conservatives to go after the under 30s in the 2015 election in such an expensive way. The vast majority of under 30s are a long way from being Conservative voters and converting them with freebies would be expensive. There are cheaper ways of buying votes. To have any chance of forming the next government the Conservatives need to win back the over-50s they are losing to UKIP. The handouts will be focused on that demographic.

Can`t see that happening perhaps they might just try replacing them with the young,using a one off bribe which would also achieve a nice up tick in the GDP numbers 2 birds one stone they have previous on this r ember Gidiots "perhaps we might start a housing boom " quip and he was right but like many on said he came to soon ...they must win at any cost as already stated and the debt will never be theres to pay

tax breaks for housebuilders. rewards mates stock prices, allows them to claim they are tackling the housing crisis.

More money for apprenticeships, those golden opportunities to sweep the floor and answer the phone in a hairdressers for a year while earning £100 for a 40 hour week

Free flag of St. George and a white van

and for my frivolous guess: Raising the inheritance threshhold to £1m as insurance in case they don't win in May.

A free ivory backscratcher for every ordinary hardworking family who lives in an ordinary £2m+ house in Chelsea.

It's a pre-election event, so it will be used to buy voters off. Most of the costs though won't come in until after the election, which helps the Tories claim they are meeting their spending targets.

I think the housing market will be of serious concern to them. Mainly because I think it is going down fairly quickly if you look at the volumes. If they don't do something about this pretty smartish then there could be real issues come election time.

My guess is that it will not be good enough for them to talk about doing something, they will have to do it. It will have to be something that counteracts the brakes put on by the MMR.

I really don't see it being stamp duty. It has to be something more than this, but whatever it is it will have to be pretty major if it is to get the market moving by May.

Who knows ?

Free flag of St. George and a white van

and for my frivolous guess: Raising the inheritance threshhold to £1m as insurance in case they don't win in May.

Wouldn't they need Lib Dem approval to do that? How would it spite Labour if they win, they would just reduce it again surely?

http://

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30265833

He's claiming that the bank fine money will go to GPs. He also claims there'll be "no unfunded giveaways" in the "not a one off" £2 billion to the NHS.

http://

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30265833

The bbc link immediately above is an article about the bank fines and where the money goes. The money used to go back into the banking system but since 2012 apparently it's gone to the treasury with some going to "good causes". For a change the bbc link gives actual figures for the fines and some of the amounts going to good causes.

In 2012 (coincidence that it was the year the rules changed?) the fines increased a lot but still only amounted to $510.6 or about £325.

There's quite a big difference between £325 million and £2 billion per year so where does the remaining £1625 million come from if there's no unfunded giveaways seeing as everything else seems to be funded by ever increasing debt (or tax).

Citywire have a few productions.

.http://citywire.co.uk/money/autumn-statement-could-bring-isa-and-pension-pain/a785828?re=31835&ea=221258&utm_source=BulkEmail_Money_Weekly&utm_medium=BulkEmail_Money_Weekly&utm_campaign=BulkEmail_Money_Weekly

I quite like a few of them. I think NISA would be better if there was a £100,000 life time limit and no limit on how much you can put in each year.

Crazy to have people not spend money because they don't want to lose their tax relief. and I think that the 40% tax relief for the extremely wealthy need cutting back too. :P