House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidg

Man Leaves 1 Million Euro Painting On A Train

Ever left something on a train. I bet it wasn't worth 1 million euros. Art collector Francesco Plateroti left a series of sketches by 13th century chinese painter Wang Zhenpeng on the Paris Geneva TGV when he got off at isolated Bellegarde station. One, entitled "The banquet of the immortels on the Jade terrace" is valued at over a million euros. There has been no trace of the sketches since.

Ooops!

Normally the pictures are impossible to sell on the art market as they are well known.

Guest eight

Ever left something on a train. I bet it wasn't worth 1 million euros. Art collector Francesco Plateroti left a series of sketches by 13th century chinese painter Wang Zhenpeng on the Paris Geneva TGV when he got off at isolated Bellegarde station. One, entitled "The banquet of the immortels on the Jade terrace" is valued at over a million euros. There has been no trace of the sketches since.

Ooops!

Normally the pictures are impossible to sell on the art market as they are well known.

And presumably impossible to sell on any other market because they are crap?

I'm so cultured, that I would probably have wiped my bum with them!

Yes I once left a £10 million diamond on a park bench. When I went back it had gone.

I've lived the good life on that diamond ever since.

Guest eight

Yes I once left a £10 million diamond on a park bench. When I went back it had gone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/3740987.stm

Monaco mystery hits Jaguar
_40187787_clooney_body_ap203.jpg
"Nothing to do with us buddy. Ask the guy in the hat what happened"
Jaguar were left with red faces when a publicity stunt backfired at Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix.

The Formula One team had grabbed the limelight all weekend after being signed up to promote the new Oceans 12 movie.

George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon, who take part in a Europe-wide jewel heist in the film, all descended on the principality to press the flesh.

But Jaguar found themselves at the centre of their own gem mystery when a diamond they were looking after went missing.

Christian Klien and Mark Webber's cars were carrying £140,000 diamonds in their nosecones as part of a sponsorship tie-up with Steinmetz.

But Klien crashed out of the race on the opening lap when he drove into the barriers at the Loews hairpin, losing his diamond in the process.

"Christian lost his steering and hit the barriers forcing him to retire," said a Jaguar statement.

"His car returned to the garage minus his flawless diamond - it has yet to be found."