House Price Crash Forum

Newly Elected Ukip Mp And Councillor Oppose 5000 New Homes In Constituency

campervanman

HOLA441

http://markreckless.com/2014/10/15/tory-stitch-up-on-lodge-hill/

I wonder how many young people in Rochester will be signing his petition to prevent the building of new homes? Maybe Rochester has a percentage of lemmings similar to the UKIP supporters on hpc who dislike NIMBYism but support the party of the NIMBY?

Vote UKIP and stop new home building where you live.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

http://markreckless.com/2014/10/15/tory-stitch-up-on-lodge-hill/

I wonder how many young people in Rochester will be signing his petition to prevent the building of new homes? Maybe Rochester has a percentage of lemmings similar to the UKIP supporters on hpc who dislike NIMBYism but support the party of the NIMBY?

Vote UKIP and stop new home building where you live.

Given thats every party, may as well not vote.

UKIP at least have Carswell, who wants to end fractional reserve bankstering.

UKIP at least (say) they will tackle immigration/one component of demand.

Clutching at straws, but thats all we got.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Probably want to read the excellent Frances Coppola's reflections on Rochester and Strood.

http://www.coppolacomment.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/reflections-on-rochester-and-strood.html

The NIMBY/development aspects of the by election got sidelines as the meedja wanted it to be an issue about 'immigration.'

Well if the immigration is from London.

London needs to be forced to sort out its house price issues and its disastrous green belt policies

A few days later I discussed the programme with one of my students who had been in the row behind me in the debate.

"Was it just me, or was the audience really bored during the discussion of immigration?" I asked.

"Not bored, exactly," said my student. "It just seemed pointless. It's not what we are interested in".

Other people I spoke to echoed this. And the lady who asked the question in the broadcast itself summed it up:

"I don't think immigration is the big issue it is being made out to be", she said. "And I think the real concerns of local people are not being heard".
Edited by aSecureTenant

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

To be fair 5,000 houses in one constituency is a lot.

It's not going to happen, but the crash/resetting of mortgage market/normalised interest rates needed to happen before any mass building projects. New developments of scale will continue to be overpriced and have the VI distortions attached to them (shared ownership/HTB, etc).

HOLA449

Protesting doesn't seem to make much sense if the protest vote supports the very thing you are protesting agains

LIB/LAB/CON/UKIP are all NIMBY`s ,the banks and the builders pull all the strings when it comes to HPI, it`s their VI which will have the support of team red blue yellow or purple

To a greater or lesser extent HPI is a consequence of supply and demand ,so we all KNOW all the of above have a vested interest in restricting the supply of house`s so I can only come to one conclusion if the supply/demand argument is a major contributing factor of hpi and the VI`s control the supply side the only option left is to reduce the demand side .....so who is offering a chance of voting for a reduction in demand

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Did you take that up that bet you offered?

No he didn't - I offered a charity bet, he ignored....makes me wonder if he is a paid employee of some organisation trying to shift opinion, rather than an individual.

HOLA4412

No he didn't - I offered a charity bet, he ignored....makes me wonder if he is a paid employee of some organisation trying to shift opinion, rather than an individual.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Hardly unpredictable, waste of money if they are

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

To be fair 5,000 houses in one constituency is a lot.

It's not going to happen, but the crash/resetting of mortgage market/normalised interest rates needed to happen before any mass building projects. New developments of scale will continue to be overpriced and have the VI distortions attached to them (shared ownership/HTB, etc).

Thats what I thought. London dumping its problems everywhere else

HOLA4415

Why not vote Green, they also support full reserve banking and they throw in an LVT and a Citizens Income for good measure, looks like the winning hand from where I'm sitting ;-)

Yes I think its Green for me too, and will just have to turn a blind eye to their local Nimbyism

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

More chance than if you vote for politicians who are in favour of the status quo.

If that were the case we wouldn't see Cameron et al on the news daily, trying to convince people not to vote UKIP.

Make no mistake, UKIP have the established parties on the back foot. Their supporters want to convince as many UKIP voters as possible to vote Green to split the protest vote.

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4421
Guest Jemmy Button

Why not vote Green, they also support full reserve banking and they throw in an LVT and a Citizens Income for good measure, looks like the winning hand from where I'm sitting ;-)

The Green Party are in favour of mass immigration. I like the Greens but on that issue alone, means that I will not vote for them.

HOLA4422

Yes I think its Green for me too, and will just have to turn a blind eye to their local Nimbyism

Greens are the uber-NIMBYS they would never allow any houses to be built anywhere that has grass on it. Plus they are the most pro-immigration party so under a green government you would have 500k+ net immigration per year.

This is their (not the least bit ambitious) immigration policy:

http://policy.greenparty.org.uk/mg.html

MG300 We will work to achieve greater equity between the UK and non-Western countries. In step with this, we will progressively reduce UK immigration controls.

Edited by subspace

HOLA4423

If that were the case we wouldn't see Cameron et al on the news daily, trying to convince people not to vote UKIP.

Make no mistake, UKIP have the established parties on the back foot. Their supporters want to convince as many UKIP voters as possible to vote Green to split the protest vote.

I think UKIP's proposed solutions to the UK's economic problems are shallow and won't actually fix what's wrong. I'm not going to vote UKIP just because they are not Labour/Conservative/LibDem, that is not a good enough reason. They need to offer something better than the policies we have now, and personally I don't think they are doing that.

HOLA4424

I think UKIP's proposed solutions to the UK's economic problems are shallow and won't actually fix what's wrong. I'm not going to vote UKIP just because they are not Labour/Conservative/LibDem, that is not a good enough reason. They need to offer something better than the policies we have now, and personally I don't think they are doing that.

The way I see it is that given the choice of Farage, Cameron, Miliband or Clegg as PM, I would choose Farage by a country mile.

As for policies, they all promise the Earth pre election and promptly forget about it.

HOLA4425

The way I see it is that given the choice of Farage, Cameron, Miliband or Clegg as PM, I would choose Farage by a country mile.

That's fine, if you like Farage then vote UKIP. I don't so I'll vote Green. There is no need to accuse Green voters of being played by TPTB and "splitting the vote". There is no "vote" to split. I have my vote, you have yours.