House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Leaf Blowers

Petrol engined leaf blowers.

All my lardarse neighbours seem to be using them, because they are too lazy to use a broom on their postage-stamp size gardens.

Smelly, noisy things. And the leafblowers too.

Petrol engined leaf blowers.

All my lardarse neighbours seem to be using them, because they are too lazy to use a broom on their postage-stamp size gardens.

Smelly, noisy things. And the leafblowers too.

I once had to clear leaves off a 1/4 mile gravel path on a steep slope through woodland. Petrol leaf-blower was the tool for the job.

I think that insecure beta-males use noisy tools to try and compensate for their inadequacies.

You can test potential female partners suitability by seeing if they are able to suck start a petrol leaf blower.

So many times I've wanted to clear some leaves away and found the cord on the blower has snapped, so frustrating, not to have an easy solution to hand.

I've got an old petrol one that takes at least 10 minutes to start. When it eventually coughs into life, it sounds like a 747, belches 2-stroke fumes and gives you white finger syndrome after 5 minutes of use.

Great fun.

I've got an old petrol one that takes at least 10 minutes to start. When it eventually coughs into life, it sounds like a 747, belches 2-stroke fumes and gives you white finger syndrome after 5 minutes of use.

Great fun.

You have "manned up to it"! Who cares about health-and-safety", when you have balls? I garden with Agent Orange, and an industrial flamethrower.

I'm a bit of a small state person normally, but leafblowers are one thing I would happily see banned and banned hard. Says a lot to me that councils, who are all about green this and green that, still have hundreds of these used by their workmen wasting energy....

I'm a bit of a small state person normally, but leafblowers are one thing I would happily see banned and banned hard. Says a lot to me that councils, who are all about green this and green that, still have hundreds of these used by their workmen wasting energy....

Where do leaves go when the council "blows them" with this wateful device? My fugging garden!

I once had to clear leaves off a 1/4 mile gravel path on a steep slope through woodland. Petrol leaf-blower was the tool for the job.

I think that insecure beta-males use noisy tools to try and compensate for their inadequacies.

I'm an insecure beta-male and don't use noisy tools, have a large 4x4 or anything else in a vain attempt to prove my manliness. Guess I'm wired up wrong.

I'm an insecure beta-male and don't use noisy tools, have a large 4x4 or anything else in a vain attempt to prove my manliness. Guess I'm wired up wrong.

Quite. You need a petrol leaf-blower. No garden? Use it in the hallway.

In fairness it pissed it down in Seville on Thursday, and on our way home from a day's sodden sightseeing we observed a council worker using a leaf blower clearing the aftermath up. Next day the side of the road we'd seen him working on was still immaculate.

In fairness it pissed it down in Seville on Thursday, and on our way home from a day's sodden sightseeing we observed a council worker using a leaf blower clearing the aftermath up. Next day the side of the road we'd seen him working on was still immaculate.

I presume the road forms the local government boundary, and the wet leaves are now the problem of a neighbouring (across the road) municipality.

This tactic can save (some) taxpayers some money.