Black Friday Shopping

HOLA441
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Are the Grannies actors ?.....bit like the actors employed to pad out the queue for new build flats

:rolleyes:

Classic psy-op. Tesco hired a load of crisis actors for this publicity stunt, which didn't actually happen. If you look at the photos clearly you'll see that it's all prosthetic limbs, stage makeup and bad amateur dramatics. If you look for the social security numbers of the allegedly trampled grannies, you'll discover that they never actually existed.

HOLA445

Classic psy-op. Tesco hired a load of crisis actors for this publicity stunt, which didn't actually happen. If you look at the photos clearly you'll see that it's all prosthetic limbs, stage makeup and bad amateur dramatics. If you look for the social security numbers of the allegedly trampled grannies, you'll discover that they never actually existed.

"Frida Black". She the stunt double for the Tesco health and safety staff information videos too.

HOLA446
HOLA447

:D

I'm waiting for the vid game .. Cart of Duty - advanced queue jumper

MMA - Cart fighter

Battlefield - Granny Sniper

SniperMarket Elite - Bluewater expansion

HOLA448
HOLA449

Yes, it will work. The beauty of the Chromecast is that is off-loads the streaming once you connect to it.

So, for example, you go to YouTube on your phone and select a video and begin streaming it. You then press the Chromecast button and your phone sends the info url to the Chromecast device which then takes over the streaming.

You can still use your phone to pause, stop, etc, but the Chromecast has a 2GB memory to act as a buffer.

Pretty cool device. I have put many in for friends but am too tight to buy one myself even at £18.

Cheers, TMT&Joe, might have to give it serious consideration if the connection is up to it. Rightmove's broadband speed checker says a bit more than 5Mbps should be expected which apparently is justabout sufficient for streaming HD. Time will tell if it turns out this way or not.

HOLA4410

I would say these scenes on Black Friday make the economic outlook seem very bleak indeed.

If people really need to fight each other for low-priced electronic goods that are not even high-end/high quality electronic goods (i.e. the stuff on sale is cheap crap) then we can draw pretty obvious conclusions.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Cheers, TMT&Joe, might have to give it serious consideration if the connection is up to it. Rightmove's broadband speed checker says a bit more than 5Mbps should be expected which apparently is justabout sufficient for streaming HD. Time will tell if it turns out this way or not.

You probably won't have real HD level content being streamed to you anyhow - most of the broadcasters who claim to stream HD actually do all sorts of compression. It is the same with the TV broadcasts.

Does Rightmove have a broadband speed checker for when you are house hunting? Hmm, it would be interesting to see how that actually compares to the reality. I suspect that they can only give a general figure.

I suspect you will be fine.

If yo uare considering a Chromecast I suggest you grab hold of one, if you can, for £18 in Tesco or £20 from Amazon. They tend to come down to this price before going back up to £30 for a couple of months.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Probably rubbish though. The lowest quality, no doubt.

Aye most panels are made in the handful of factories and are then graded and distributed. Obviously good panels go to Panasonic Sony etc and the crap goes to supermarket teles and even although thy are LCd the pictures on these sets are bloody awful.

I have watched "good" brand UD teles half in price over recent months. Its worth waiting as only netflix has any amount of 4k content so your limited in what you could use it for anyway. OLED is coming down too. At the moment if you only care about 1080p there are some cracking bargains to be had on good brand big size although with 4k it isn't even worth it for anything less that 55 inch as you will struggle to see the difference. With 4k out and coming down and 8k available on footballer priced teles retailers will start pushing to get rid of the 1080p stuff. Next year will be a good time to buy a tele.

Teles are a good example of technological deflation I remember twenty years ago paying £700 for a shit hot crt 28inch and my friends were blown away by how "massive" it was.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The beauty of deflation. :wub::wub::wub:

Why all the push and shoving when it will be 20% or more less in the January sales......excess plastic production line stuff (and fuel) in lower cost of living places means lower prices in higher cost of living places. :)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

They are putting people in "queues" online for up to an hour or more. Its quite cunning - you wait for an hour - you are not going to just browse and leave without buying.

Also Amazon giving "special" texts to people telling them when things are available. As if Amazon don't have a warehouse sitting full if the shit already !!

Folk are so gullible it's incredible.

To be fair to Amazon, the deals don't reflect stock. They are promotional offers ... you can see that even when the deal has been sold out, there is still stock available for next day delivery at full price.

I can't complain, got a bunch of stuff I had my eye on for savings of about 40% from them, and I don't have to go anywhere near a scrum of chavs at a supermarket. Result.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

What do Wembley and Ferguson have in common

2i0zm13.jpg

I believe the new politically correct euphemism doing the rounds for what is going on at Ferguson is 'undocumented shopping'.

Looking on the positive side, this is the most exercise some of those Black Friday shoppers are going to see all year.

HOLA4424

Not me. I wouldn't be seen dead in Tesco.

I've got a TV, why would I need another?

Doesn't the prospect of a state of the art Alba television discounted by twenty quid stir the loins, just a little?

Do you have iced-water in your veins or something?

HOLA4425

Archived