House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghostly

Random Nonsense Thread

Created this thread for people to post random musings they don't think are worthy of a separate thread. Mods, feel free to merge this into another suitable thread if there is one. I couldn't find it.

My starter: Who is this Zoella c*** and why is she all over my Internets?

The kind of area where there might be a monster, some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples. It could also be something much better.

It could be an area of a thread where CCC uses the term "women" rather than "burds", and where Mr Pin makes sense.

So a bit like entering The Twilight Zone, really.

It could be an area of a thread where CCC uses the term "women" rather than "burds"

As it happens I've been engaged in deep research of the etymology of that turn of phrase and I think I've hit upon the source, @ about 1:55 in...

As it happens I've been engaged in deep research of the etymology of that turn of phrase and I think I've hit upon the source, @ about 1:55 in...

Yaas !!

Grief, not another UKIP thread.

That would require 'aSocialTenant' to come in and say 'UKIP will fix it all.'

Not another random thread thread.

MODS PLEASE MERGE!

Is there one? I couldn't find it. Happy for this to be merged though.

There is already a random nonsense thread, mods please merge:

9Pm To 9Pm Really Interesting Thread

I consider that to be the 'IRRO daily mail links/smut thread' rather than random :P

Not my type. He stands and chat to a couple for hours and sometimes disappears into their house. Maybe they swing. *shudders*

Self-sealing has made licking mostly redundant.

Older users may still prefer them being gummed.

God damn cats - new 'kitten' (6 months) has just come back happily with a tail and a few legs stuck out of her gob. Managed to free the mouse but the zippy little ******* got under the kitchen half-pantry door and then climbed it's way up to ****** knows where! All the fuse boxes in there etc. but tbh I'm more depressed that the mouse might starve to death, or even worse emigrate to the 2007 financial crash bunker stash!

Makes me wonder just what a natural kill involves though as we had a cat earlier that (we think though don't know even though chipped) got run over that used to leave us just a spleen and head as a 'gift' of a morning. The head on this one tonight was already half way down the gullet so I can only imagine the 'play' stage involves a bit of bone cracking via the jaw before the cat (or whatever predator) decides which bits to feast on.

I've tried my best to instigate this into why farming is (probably) more humane than natural killing but failed miserably as at least the cat got the reward for it's efforts (almost, but for our interference). I think my chances of catching anything in the wild with only my own limbs would be very small indeed :( which would be bad news for worms!

Why do electrical cords and computer cables always end up hopelessly entangled no matter how neatly you store them ?

Has string theory taken into account the fact that the laws of nature appear to want everything and everyone in the universe to get knotted ?

Why do electrical cords and computer cables always end up hopelessly entangled no matter how neatly you store them ?

Has string theory taken into account the fact that the laws of nature appear to want everything and everyone in the universe to get knotted ?

Quantum entanglement. Cables are not exempt.