House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anonguest

Close Shave With A Meteor?

My money is on a meteor/fireball

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-30189831

or maybe its the local jihadists testing some home brew explosive in the local park? :ph34r:

You get these depending where you live. I used to live near (well, within five miles of) a DuPont chemcial factory. You would get the odd really loud explosion, I particularly remember the first time I heard one as it was on a quiet Sunday morning.

I was straight onto teletext, the interent to find what had caused this big explosion. There was no mention on any channel and nothing in the local paper so I (not being a conspiracy theorist) assumed that it was some testing at the factory.

Watching some of these early Black Sabbath documentaries they talk about steam hammers being so loud and so close to habitation that it made the pencils shake on their desks at school. You really couldn't see that happening these days.

I

I used to work for a famous paint manufacturer. We had at least one explosion per week - normally not serious - due to workers not attaching their static lines.

7 short sentences on the BBC article, 4 of which refer to Twitter and social media, 3 of which are quotes from random people and 2 of those are just "Hope everything is ok / hope nobody was hurt".

Quality journalism.

I used to work for a famous paint manufacturer. We had at least one explosion per week - normally not serious - due to workers not attaching their static lines.

Go on Bossy, you'll have to explain that for those of us who haven't worked in a paint manufactory.

Go on Bossy, you'll have to explain that for those of us who haven't worked in a paint manufactory.

Haven't a clue. I was the credit controller and didn't go near the shop floor for fear of explosions. ?. I did cause a walkout by using my nail file to dismantle and move an office screen after waiting for months for maintenance to do it. ?