House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
otters

So Who Is Right?

Mario Draghi, he is always blabbering on about ECB doing some form of QE. His reasoning is, if they can't fight off deflation things will go pear shaped.

Scroll down a bit on the Daily Telegraph page, there you will read this.

"Global growth to get $200bn kick from oil price crash."

Why does this only apply to oil.

Edited by otters

Mario Draghi, he is always blabbering on about ECB doing some form of QE. His reasoning is, if they can't fight off deflation things will go pear shaped.

Scroll down a bit on the Daily Telegraph page, there you will read this.

"Global growth to get $200bn kick from oil price crash."

Why does this only apply to oil.

he's sort of missing the point.

WHY the deflation is happening in the first place.

over-regulation and micromanagement are WHY the deflation is happening.

until our illustrious leaders get into their thick skulls that they need to emphasise what people CAN do, rather than what people CANNOT do, then there will be trouble.

Mario Draghi, he is always blabbering on about ECB doing some form of QE. His reasoning is, if they can't fight off deflation things will go pear shaped for him and his banker chums.

Re-interpreted for correctness.

Cheap oil is seen as an economic growth driver as it powers modern society. I'm not certain cheap oil will deliver growth this time.

Central bankers are fearing deflation as it will trigger losses across the banking system, therefore they need to keep prices up.

Cheap oil is seen as an economic growth driver as it powers modern society. I'm not certain cheap oil will deliver growth this time.

Central bankers are fearing deflation as it will trigger losses across the banking system, therefore they need to keep prices up.

Keeping prices up might trigger losses (of a different kind.) across the banking sector

The way I see it.

Just as cheaper oil will put more money into peoples pockets, so will cheaper housing.

Ooo wait, the powers that be tell us people put off buying things in a falling market.

Maybe I'll leave it til next summer to fill my car up.