House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
frugalista

Glengarry, Glen Ross (1992)

Just watched this excellent movie which was released right in the middle of the last US real estate meltdown.

The script, by David Mamet no less, is fantastic.

Incredible star cast: Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, Al Pacino, Alec Baldwin, Ed Harris, Alan Arkin play the evil estate agents.

Jonathan Pryce plays a hapless BTL idiot.

Watch it. Then, next time you have to deal with an EA, tell them "I know your game mate..."

frugalista

Indeed an excellent movie, what a cast and one of my favourites .

2 months ago a 2 disc dvd was released, that appeared to be much better value than original dvd.

"Special Features

Audio Commentary By Director James Foley

'Selected Scenes With Optinal Audio Commentary By Alex Baldwin, Cinematographer Juan Ruiz Anchia, Alan Arkin And Production Designer Jane Musky

A.B.C. (Always Be Closing) - An Original Documentary Tracing The Psychological Intersection Of Fictional And Real Life Saleman

Clip Archives From The Charlie Rose Show And Inside The Actor's Studio

A Tribute To Jack Lemmon

J. Roy: New And Used Furniture - Short Film

20-Page Behind The Scenes Booklet

Widescreen 2.35:1 Anamorphic "

Cheapest I found from www.find-dvd.co.uk was £7.99 at

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/advancedSearch...143&primaryID=5

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I used to work in sales (sort of - publishing sales which is not exactly the sharp end) and had a boss who used to quote lines from that movie without realising they were jokes. He used to try and gee me up by telling me ABC, and other similar lines (I actually remember him telling me to tell one of my customers to "get on the train or get run down...".) I didn't take his advice though...

When I talk to estate agents I often see the same humour-bypass in their desperate sales techniques - it probably helps to have had someone try to teach you to work that way, but failing that Glengarry Glen Ross is one of the best films you can see to get an idea of what is really going on when people try to sell to you.

Is it banned to talk about torrents here ?

Please remove this if it is , but there is a torrent available for this at isohunt . 699mb . 9 seeders . I don't know what the quality is like though or if it's been dubbed into a foreign language ie not English .

Just watched this excellent movie which was released right in the middle of the last US real estate meltdown.

The script, by David Mamet no less, is fantastic.

Incredible star cast: Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, Al Pacino, Alec Baldwin, Ed Harris, Alan Arkin play the evil estate agents.

Jonathan Pryce plays a hapless BTL idiot.

Watch it. Then, next time you have to deal with an EA, tell them "I know your game mate..."

frugalista

F

I saw this movie over 10 years ago and it is absolutely and amaaaazzing movie.

Anyone interesed in thedark arts of selling crap will be engrossed.

Anyone interested in great writing and acting - will be stunned.

Good find sir!

Indeed, a superb film, thanks to the above, the 2 disc dvd is now on the christmas list. I always have a chuckle when watching The Simpsons, as I believe the salesman Gill, is based on the Jack Lemmon character.