House Price Crash Forum

Shouting At The Missus To Get You Criminal Record

interestrateripoff

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

This law has a potential to backfire in a major way. Unless they can stop men bringing similar actions for mental cruelty, it will soon become obvious that some women are very good at shouting and mental torture. It will then be quietly shelved...

We had better hope so. Or they might just close down women's prisons to make space for all the men they decide need incarcerating......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-politics/10015766/Isnt-it-time-to-abolish-most-womens-prisons.html

HOLA444
HOLA445

If womens prisons close, where do female convicts go? Or are they suggesting women should be found not guilty for everything.

It seems some are suggesting women can do no wrong as they are not accountable for anything they do. It is always circumstances that drove them to it. Men on the other hand are masters of their own destiny.

I heard a woman on TV say one time " women externalise their feelings (good) and men internalise them (bad... as in bottle them up)...I agree about the concept but not the result or reasoning...The way I interpret that is....men take account of their actions and try to work them out...women talk about their feelings and pass them around, and then move on, liberated to do and act again, passing responsibilty for their actions onto the world and its brother ....and now it seems we must change laws to allow this.

The thing is though, because of the way men analyse and interpret stuff, It is only men who are capable of truly original thinking. Men are the greatest inventors.

HOLA446

It seems some are suggesting women can do no wrong as they are not accountable for anything they do. It is always circumstances that drove them to it. Men on the other hand are masters of their own destiny.

I heard a woman on TV say one time " women externalise their feelings (good) and men internalise them (bad... as in bottle them up)...I agree about the concept but not the result or reasoning...The way I interpret that is....men take account of their actions and try to work them out...women talk about their feelings and pass them around, and then move on, liberated to do and act again, passing responsibilty for their actions onto the world and its brother ....and now it seems we must change laws to allow this.

The thing is though, because of the way men analyse and interpret stuff, It is only men who are capable of truly original thinking. Men are the greatest inventors.

We're great aren't we :)

I'd actually put it down to men having a random set of priorities.

Women's priorities (there are of course exceptions before Sarah, winkie, Battenburg, Mrs Bear, Bossybabe, Solitaire etc. come round to kick my head in) tend to be senisble - eat decent food, live somewhere nice, keep it clean, everything in moderation.

Men are more likely to be massively into (say) war gaming, rebuilding old cars, collecting odd things whilst neglecting what they eat and where they live. Hence some become scruffy comic collectors who live in a filthy house, and others become rich and famous inventors, who live in a filthy house.

HOLA447

Thinking about this a bit more this will never be enshrined into law unless we truly enter an Orwellian future. The reason is that it is totally unprovable. It will be very rare that you could obtain decent evidence.

Why would that stop a law being passed? The goal is power over men, not justice.

HOLA448

A former workmate of mine had a night in the cells following a row with his live in girlfriend. A neighbour had called the police (he did admit he was shouting). His g/f told police it was only a row and that there was no violence (or threat of violence) but the police still took him in for the night (apparently policy in all domestics that the boys in blue attend - in his area at least). He was released in the morning with no further action being taken.

HOLA449

A former workmate of mine had a night in the cells following a row with his live in girlfriend. A neighbour had called the police (he did admit he was shouting). His g/f told police it was only a row and that there was no violence (or threat of violence) but the police still took him in for the night (apparently policy in all domestics that the boys in blue attend - in his area at least). He was released in the morning with no further action being taken.

Probably for his own protection.

HOLA4410

have to disagree.

on the whole i think women are very good at independent thinking.

mostly the conclusions are so irrational and bizarre that it totally confuses 50% of the population immediately!

it is true that on the whole, the fairer sex are better at lingustics, and the males at analytics.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Average male and female intelligence is the same (though when they first developed IQ tests, females perfomed better, so they adjusted the weighting of question types to balance this out).

I heard an interesting theory that some genes affecting intelligence are on the Y chromosome.

As a result, the standard deviation for male intelligence is greater than that of women. When the genes work the right way, highly intelligent males are more common than for females. But for the same reasons, men also have a greater statistical likelihood of extremes of stupidity.

Archived