House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

or in excess of

No More Film 4 +1 For Freeview

We are witnesing a structural change, like the supermarkets, with the discounters.

The world is awash with media. I can buy 40,000 books on ebay for less than £3k and they have more lots like that. I can buy pretty much any DVD I want for £1, they cant even give them away. With xbmc internet tv boxes and othr on demand media, people arent sitting down to watch things together or set the recorder to record. Why do that when you can have whatever you want at a click, whenever you want. People are watching niche shows - if people like collecting vintage baseball cards, there are probably regular shows on that.

We are witnesing a structural change, like the supermarkets, with the discounters.

The world is awash with media. I can buy 40,000 books on ebay for less than £3k and they have more lots like that. I can buy pretty much any DVD I want for £1, they cant even give them away. With xbmc internet tv boxes and othr on demand media, people arent sitting down to watch things together or set the recorder to record. Why do that when you can have whatever you want at a click, whenever you want. People are watching niche shows - if people like collecting vintage baseball cards, there are probably regular shows on that.

Or you can pay £2.00 or £2.99 for one in a charity shop! The cash convertor type places often next door to the Charity shops sell them for £1 while the Red Cross will have shelves and shelves of them not selling - what is that all about?? They probably go into landfill if the Charity shops can't sell them at £2.00 or £2.99!!

You could record Film 4 and watch it an hour later?

Indeed, or as I do, record it and forget to watch it.

I'm surprised no one here has created a daily houseprice crash show, with some interviews over skype.

Max Keiser has a show 3 times a week on RT and Youtube.

All part of the plan to drive everyone to expensive subscription services like Sky, BT, Virgin, etc. Plus the BBC licence fee on top for less and less from the BBC.

Cough SkyBox F5s Cough. Also XBMC is a delight. Seen all the latest stuff on there. Youview box also coming soon i think.

As a part time musician, i don't get paid very much for what i record, music has become a niche hobby. Shrinking markets everywhere.

So i take that cue, and apply it to my media consumption. The idea of giving S*y the best part of £80 a month to watch thier games as well as BTs output was the last straw for me.

Nope.

Shan't.

Guest eight

Indeed, or as I do, record it and forget to watch it.

I have an internet friend who likes old motor racing.

He records current motor racing, lets it get all vintage and then watches it. He's about twenty years behind reality.

I think Film 4 might have gone downhill a bit from the days when it was available ad-free with subscriptions, we had it on cable back then.

But they still show some good stuff. Had "Zombieland" on in the background last night, quite funny and well rated.

They do also show a lot of British films too, I think sometimes co-produced with Channel 4.

And some of the films are superb. While a little harrowing, "The Magdalene Sisters" was excellent.

Compared with say "movies4men" which I find hilarious as the films I've dipped into on there are so "butch" they're positively mincing.

A bit of an ITV3 man myself.........don't know why ITV3 +1 starts at 6pm...so if late for a Sunday afternoon viewing of Columbo , too bad.

Be it Wycliffe, Frost, Morse or columbo chances are I have seen it anyway.

I think ITV 3 is the dementia channel most of the programmes seem to be on four weekly cycle but they know after four weeks that the audience wont remember and it will be fresh again. We get the adverts with Colin and his wife, the stair lifts, cod liver oil...they know who are watching.

As people are getting the "watch anything over the last week" tech ?Youview with the cheapest being a mere £10 with no subscription surely it's just a matter fo time for all of the +1 channels.

Who watches live broadcasts anyway? You need a licence for that and I'm not getting one.