House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winkie

What Is Giff Gaff?

What Bruce said. Their marketing advantage is that they don't have contracts, instead you just buy 'bundles' of minutes, texts and data each month or do PAYG. They have some other decent stuff like actual freephone calls. They also have forums where they listen to what the customers want.

What Bruce said. Their marketing advantage is that they don't have contracts, instead you just buy 'bundles' of minutes, texts and data each month or do PAYG. They have some other decent stuff like actual freephone calls. They also have forums where they listen to what the customers want.

Do they work all over....what I mean is since the UK has a very patchy mobile phone reception area.....third world service unless you live in a high population density area, would it work anywhere and eveywhere?

They run on 02's network.

Thanks, o2....not one that is familiar around these parts....no good paying for something you don't have access to, will look into it...cheers. :)

But they're not so good if you spend a lot of time abroad, roaming. At least they weren't when I last looked into it three years ago.

You are not selling it to me. ;)

Absolutely brilliant for kids. Unlimited texts and 200 minutes per month for £7.50. The best bit is once they reach the limit, they can`t make calls until the next payment is due, avoiding any nasty surprises,unless you top up.

We both have it, put a tenner on and have free calls and texts to each other.

Then after three months we use up the remaining credit and top up eventually agian for free calls.

Absolutely brilliant for kids. Unlimited texts and 200 minutes per month for £7.50. The best bit is once they reach the limit, they can`t make calls until the next payment is due, avoiding any nasty surprises,unless you top up.

Good for me then if I could get a reception......looked it up, will have to venture outside and stand at the top of the highest ground.

Some people don't understand what it is like to drive down a road and suddenly receive a weeks texts and miss call messages all together.

Smart you are hav'n a laugh. ;)

That is what I like about it re possibility of phone being stolen.

It's brilliant for kids, and good for MrPin.

Good for me then if I could get a reception......looked it up, will have to venture outside and stand at the top of the highest ground.

Some people don't understand what it is like to drive down a road and suddenly receive a weeks texts and miss call messages all together.

Smart you are hav'n a laugh. ;)

Google Femtocell we have it on T-Mobile/EE....... brilliant.

It's brilliant for kids, and good for MrPin.

Is there any practical distinction between the two, aside from not having to get someone to buy your beer for you?

Is there any practical distinction between the two, aside from not having to get someone to buy your beer for you?

I always get somebody to buy beer for me, as I am a trainee Yorshireman! :blink:

Correct me if wrong but these telephone companies must be making a fortune out of all those in a not a hot spot place such as trying to contact someone travelling in a bad area such as on the London underground and to remote no service areas, and those who have no charge in their phones....land line and mobiles....20p or more for not getting through.....imo it is big business, money for nothing.....landlines to mobile big money for not getting through....landline to landline engaged no charge.

tip....don't call me you won't get through and it will cost you. ;)

The mobile internet is utter shite

Anything mobile is not fit for purpose.....nobody around here uses a mobile phone....skype is the way to go....at least you can get through to the other side of the world....any time, any place, anywhere. ;)

The mobile internet is utter shite

I've turned that bit off! It will waste my battery, and Google will find where I am, and spam me!