House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

Massive Flash Over Russia’S Urals Stuns Locals & Scientists

Did Obumma press the nuclear button by mistake? :ph34r:

An extraordinary bright orange flash has lit up the sky in Russia’s Sverdlovsk region in the Urals. While locals captured the massive ‘blast’ on numerous cameras, both scientists and emergency services still struggle to explain the unusual event.

Dark evening skies in the town of Rezh in Sverdlovsk region near Russia's Ekaterinburg turned bright orange for some ten seconds on November 14, with the event being caught on several cameras by the locals.

A driver filmed the massive flash with his dashcam, later posting the video on YouTube, with more people commenting they’ve seen it too. Teenagers in the town of Rezh also filmed the phenomenon with a mobile phone.

http://rt.com/news/206691-sverdlovsk-urals-sky-flash/

sverdlovsk1.si.jpg

In the final 10 seconds or so there is a bright dot on the ground below the clouds.

Does that mean a likely ground explosion reflected on low lying cloud?

Weren't the Russians playing with the idea of having giant mirrors in space to reflect sunlight onto the earth turning night into day?

No idea - sounds a great idea if the light can be partially controlled though.

When I say great I mean it would pretty much eliminate the need for streetlamps etc. if it could literally be GPS controlled. Using natural resources should save us loads on tax and bills etc.

When I say should I've obviously already admitted defeat to the fact that there would be no saving and that the use of less resources would just lead to more profit for 'the them'. We'd actually find our tax/bills increasing for the need of hemisphere infrastructure (with promises of reduced bills later)!

I am sure that anyone with local maps could easily triangulate from the videos and pinpoint the location of the explosion on the ground. It could possibly be done using Google Streetview if you know the area (if it is on Google). I doubt that the explosion is really a 'mystery'.

Weren't the Russians playing with the idea of having giant mirrors in space to reflect sunlight onto the earth turning night into day?

Don't think so, but the Americans studied it during the Vietnam war, using technology from the Apollo program. Even they balked at the billions of dollars it would have cost.

Does that mean a likely ground explosion reflected on low lying cloud?

No idea - sounds a great idea if the light can be partially controlled though.

When I say great I mean it would pretty much eliminate the need for streetlamps etc. if it could literally be GPS controlled. Using natural resources should save us loads on tax and bills etc.

When I say should I've obviously already admitted defeat to the fact that there would be no saving and that the use of less resources would just lead to more profit for 'the them'. We'd actually find our tax/bills increasing for the need of hemisphere infrastructure (with promises of reduced bills later)!

All the benefits that a dead, heated up planet would need.