House Price Crash Forum

Asbo & £2.5K Fine For Japanese Knotweed

HOLA441

People who fail to control the spread of invasive non-native plants such as Japanese Knotweed could be fined or receive anti-social behaviour orders (Asbos), the government says.

The weed is one of the most destructive plants in the UK.

The new rules mean people can now be fined up to £2,500 for failing to control it and other plants such as Himalayan balsam and giant hogweed.

And companies who fall foul of the law can be fined up to £20,000.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30110858

It really is all about house prices in this country isn't it?

HOLA442
HOLA443

People who fail to control the spread of invasive non-native plants such as Japanese Knotweed could be fined or receive anti-social behaviour orders (Asbos), the government says.

The weed is one of the most destructive plants in the UK.

The new rules mean people can now be fined up to £2,500 for failing to control it and other plants such as Himalayan balsam and giant hogweed.

And companies who fall foul of the law can be fined up to £20,000.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30110858

It really is all about house prices in this country isn't it?

Next they'll be introducing fines for not properly maintaining your house.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I have eradicated Knotweed from several properties using Glyphosate the active ingredient in "roundup". It is quite easy. Buy it from an agricultural suppliers for around £40 for 4 litres. You might need to spray 2 or 3 times but it is very easy. Also available on ebay.

Diesel oil also works well! But nothing grows afterwards.

Of course if you want to pay some scammers to dig it up carry on ....

HOLA448

How do you notify mortgage companys about it?

(When you don't know who the mortgage is with?)

Just a thought.

Some near us is spreading FROM council land.

You should start selling root cuttings to tenants and taking payment via bit coin. I reckon you could get £100 per root from "revenge tenants".

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

We have loads of Himalayan balsam along the route where I walk the dog. There are only a few houses along the route valued between 500-900k and I noticed in the summer that it's crept into their gardens. The council don't seem bothered about it running along the riverbank. Not sure how big an issue that particular plant is compared to knotweed.

HOLA4413

We have loads of Himalayan balsam along the route where I walk the dog. There are only a few houses along the route valued between 500-900k and I noticed in the summer that it's crept into their gardens. The council don't seem bothered about it running along the riverbank. Not sure how big an issue that particular plant is compared to knotweed.

It's a fantastic autumn plant for the bees. Leave it alone! It does crowd out everything else though.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415